Thread: l-body camber plates

Hybrid booster

l-body camber plates

l-body camber plates to fit with my konis. I know Rich has some for the BC coilovers that can be modified. Looking here first.
    Thanks

turbo addict

Re: l-body camber plates

Bump for a good guy. Help him with the camber plates so he can overtake those pesky M3's at the track.

Stock Konis? Rich's plates work with Koni coil-overs fine. I'm sure it wouldn't take much to get them to work with stock Konis.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Stock Konis? Rich's plates work with Koni coil-overs fine. I'm sure it wouldn't take much to get them to work with stock Konis.

He has Koni Coilovers but Rich may be wanting him to buy the BC Coilovers but his Koni Coilovers are new? Spiro chime in please after you finish with the brake swap

That makes sense. I was out in Phoenix about a month or so ago and Rich mentioned that the plates are practically given with the kits just because of the pricing. If you haven't checked with him to see if he can sell you a set separately, I would.

I may go with the BC kit eventually just because they have ones with extra reservoirs and one of the front adjusters broke at the autocross last year. That is down the road though.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

You can get Neon camber plates which will fit in the L-body strut tower by either removing one stud or drilling one hole. I have not seen them used with stock l-body konis but im 99% sure they will work.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    You can get Neon camber plates which will fit in the L-body strut tower by either removing one stud or drilling one hole. I have not seen them used with stock l-body konis but im 99% sure they will work.
    Interesting, will try to find info on swap. Need caster ajustements too.

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    That makes sense. I was out in Phoenix about a month or so ago and Rich mentioned that the plates are practically given with the kits just because of the pricing. If you haven't checked with him to see if he can sell you a set separately, I would.

I may go with the BC kit eventually just because they have ones with extra reservoirs and one of the front adjusters broke at the autocross last year. That is down the road though.
    Got in touch with Rich about 6 monts ago. True that they are given with the kits. I real no brainer when you buy the BC coilovers. He offered me the camber plates and adapter for the konis. They would fit with a little fiddling to fit the larger konis.
    Maybe I'll get lucky and someone has a set hanging around

Hybrid booster

I have a car that has the camber plate you want...

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

The BC plates can be adapted without too much trouble. The biggest change is that they have a custom "bushing nut" on the top side that is drilled for M12x1.25 I am pretty sure that our struts are M14. Customers have been able to simply drill out the top bushing and drill out the threads and re-tap them for the correct thread on the top.

To Vigo's point, the SRT4 plates CAN be used on an lbody without the adapter plates but my plates also add caster adjustment (which helps dynamic camber, reduces torque steer, etc). My plates also have a wider base which gives a larger contact between the plate and strut tower making them more stable. They are wider so that the optional 4 bolt pattern is much better and the holes are in the correct place. I didn't feel that the left/right bolts on the SRT4 plates were a good idea to use because they were too narrow.

If Jon or someone wants to update to the full BC kit then it might make more sense to sell the original plates that were designed for Konis to someone running konis then everyone gets the best setup possible for their given strut combination.

-Rich

Hybrid booster

Thanks Rich, I will keep all this in mind. I do need caster adjustements as mine is off. If I'm going to get camber plates I want to solve all my issues.
    That being said, who's Jon? Hellooo Jon, chime in and get those BC units you want!!

Quote Originally Posted by spiro440 View Post
    Thanks Rich, I will keep all this in mind. I do need caster adjustements as mine is off. If I'm going to get camber plates I want to solve all my issues.
    That being said, who's Jon? Hellooo Jon, chime in and get those BC units you want!!
    hahaha, between you two I'll be upgrading before I want to!

Hybrid booster

You deserve it. Let it happen.

Hybrid booster

I did the mod on mine if you ever need to, in case you get the one from Rich.
    Easy task!

Gogogo!!

Hybrid booster

I'll give you a call as soon as I pick up a set.

Hybrid booster

Bump!

Quote Originally Posted by spiro440 View Post
    Bump!
    You're killin' me.

Hybrid booster

All Good! lol!
    I was inspecting my car and the brakes are done, need new discs and porterfield pads. Ordering them would be silly. track Date is set for the 24th. Can't see myself shelling out $$ when I got the 11" set up waiting.
    Hurry up