Thread: Closing feedback threads

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Thumbs down Closing feedback threads

So, in order to have negative feedback, you must allow yourself to be screwed-over....THAT IS RIDICULOUS!!!
    The point of feedback is to warn others if a member is breaking the rules and/or attempting to cheat members!!!

THERE SHOULD NOT BE A REQUIREMENT of COMPLETING a transaction to POST FEEDBACK to WARN others.

For those that asked about the PayPal fee requirement:
    When you start an ad, it is clearly stated the fees MUST BE INCLUDED IN THE LISTED PRICE!!!

If we allow members to report bad behavior we can prevent members from getting BURNED!!!
    NOT wait for multiple people to lose money before we allow FEEDBACK!!

Let's be PROACTIVE not REACTIVE!!!

FRANK, I think it was is irresponsible to close my thread and post 'it serves no purpose' when I was alerting members that another member is breaking rules!!
    The last thing any admin should do is take actions that either give the appearance of helping perpetrate fraud on members or protecting those that are defrauding members!

Mark (maddmannda)

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

Re: Closing feedback threads

Quote Originally Posted by maddmannda View Post
    So, in order to have negative feedback, you must allow yourself to be screwed-over....THAT IS RIDICULOUS!!!
    The point of feedback is to warn others if a member is breaking the rules and/or attempting to cheat members!!!

THERE SHOULD NOT BE A REQUIREMENT of COMPLETING a transaction to POST FEEDBACK to WARN others.

For those that asked about the PayPal fee requirement:
    When you start an ad, it is clearly stated the fees MUST BE INCLUDED IN THE LISTED PRICE!!!

If we allow members to report bad behavior we can prevent members from getting BURNED!!!
    NOT wait for multiple people to lose money before we allow FEEDBACK!!

Let's be PROACTIVE not REACTIVE!!!

FRANK, I think it was is irresponsible to close my thread and post 'it serves no purpose' when I was alerting members that another member is breaking rules!!
    The last thing any admin should do is take actions that either give the appearance of helping perpetrate fraud on members or protecting those that are defrauding members!

Mark (maddmannda)
    You misunderstand. The template does NOT say to list the paypal fee. It says that the listing price includes the paypal fee. This means that if I list $200, then that is the amount the buyer to send. The seller can not ask them to send $205.
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddmannda View Post

Mark (maddmannda)
    just chiming in real quick as i have first hand knowledge, that Frank will NOT ever fit into that catagory. When I was a Moderator on "The Old Board" there was a well known scammer who made a new user id and tried again to scam people, and that same user came to this board and made the same user name and tried the same scam here. Being that I was staff on a different board no one wanted to help me to try and stop the scammer from scamming someone else. But when I got intouch with Frank and told him what was going on He Immediatly jumped onboard with me and we worked together behind the closed doors to put a stop to that. Believe me Frank is very passionate about having a quality trading section for all to feel safe using.
    just my first hand experience.. peace
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

I may be overstepping my bounds here, but here goes...

I honestly think you are letting one unfinished transaction get in the way of being a part of a really good forum and source of information. It would be a shame to burn bridges. I've been a member here since it started and not been burned once. I'm just amazed you've taken this so far.

I'm going to keep my mouth shut except to thank Frank for the quality of this forum.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by looneytuner View Post
    I'm going to keep my mouth shut except to thank Frank for the quality of this forum.
    DITTO!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke