Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acceptable GLHS modifications and #915 history

Garrett booster

Re: Acceptable GLHS modifications and #915 history

Thanks for the info guys unfortunately this car has been through a couple people since Mike Lupis (Sorry to hear of his passing) the gentleman I bought it from knew nothing about it Im doing the best I can to piece together what I can about the car. The main issue with determining the electronics is the ECU is gone the PO has no idea where it is (seemed genuinely surprised it was not in the boxes of parts in the hatch) the only ecu plug on the harness is what looks like a 95 neon ecu plug/ early electronics power module plug.

IIRC my GLHT was a T1 harness converted to T2 using +40s, GM 3 bar MAP, and, FWDP Stage 5 cal on a more or less stock T2 engine and giant intercooler. Id be more than happy with similar power out of this car. Since I have the LM, PM, and, Harness out of that car that I no longer need I may just start fresh with that.

I build chassis and suspension stuff as a day job forgive me if I sort of object to using other people's design the FWDP coilovers are awesome and look pretty much exactly like what are on my SRT4.

This car is strange to me yes the engine is wrong but otherwise it seems very complete its going to need new paint, decals, fenders (I have those) and, hood. The only missing Shelby stuff is the valve cover, air box, and, 2pc intake (as you would expect with the wrong engine) Im going to take the advice of the group on this one build it how I want and enjoy.

Mitsu booster

Re: Acceptable GLHS modifications and #915 history

It's you car, and you have a right to do what mods you want to. But if you're thinking of one day returning it to stock, just don't do anything you can't reverse.
    You could drop in a modified motor, & trans. While keeping the originals.
    Same with the Koni shocks and struts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12