Earlier this week I found 87 GLHS #915 for sale about an hour away from me Ill be picking it up tomorrow and yes Im very excited!

The chassis appears to be fairly clean and straight paint is decent in the pictures Ive seen Konis are there.
The issue is the drivetrain is out of the car apparently the engine was smoking and the last owner pulled it with the intention to fix and that is where the project stalled.

Im fairly used to working on and building desirable projects from rare cars and generally speaking there is a line up to which its a good thing you're improving the car but once you cross the line value drops off rapidly. As badly as Ive wanted a real #'d Shelby car the fact of the matter is I dont fit in Chargers all that well and I like racecars I couldnt bring myself to put this thing on a track. Do we know where that line is with these cars? Those of you who have restored and or modified yours what are my big dos and donts.

Modifications Im considering: TII long block, A555, 3" Exhaust, +40s, FWDP Stage 5 cal, 3bar MAP, Larger Intercooler plumbing and surge valve. Rebuild/Revalve Konis, MP autocross springs or identical clones, SLH brakes. The idea of course would be no cutting, grinding, bending, or, welding leaving the chassis so it could be restored to stock condition and of course keeping all the Shelby parts.

If anybody has history on #915 ( I was able to find out at some point it was in the registry owned by someone named Mike Lupis who also owned #730) Id love to know more about this car.

Thanks as always
Blair