Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: 1991 Dodge Spirit RT TIII

Mitsu booster

Re: FS: 1991 Dodge Spirit RT TIII

While I don't claim to know everything about the car

1.I can assure you it wasn't flooded during the time my friend or I owned it, so unless Matt flooded it, it hasn't been flooded. The car had been sitting for upwards of 2 years when I bought it, hadn't moved 10 feet, the carpet and interior were bone dry and my friend owned the car for almost 7 years, so it either flooded 8+ years ago when Matt owned it or it hasn't been flooded, maybe had a leak and stained the carpet, or maybe it did flood 10 years ago, I really don't know.

2. The ad clearly states the turbo needs a rebuild, as I mentioned, I bypassed the factory boost control solenoid while troubleshooting, when I get a relatively stock car with stock injectors and an unknown fuel pump hitting 20psi, I'm doing whatever I can to turn it down.

3. All of the things replaced on the car are routine maintenance items, aside from the alternator, which was still functioning, just had low output voltage. I did all of these things because I considered keeping the car. I wouldn't have spent almost $500 and wasting my time if I was trying to unload it on someone.

4. The power window worked until an hour before you got there, you can see in the video that I sent you that it was working. I recall you stating that you had messed with that motor in particular. I didn't bother touching the sunroof, I knew it was aftermarket, and I know that in its current state it didn't leak. So I left it alone.

I'm sorry you feel as if I've tried to deceive you, I disclosed any information I had on the car, there were some maintenance records over the past few years here that I could mail you, I forgot to put them in the car.

Best of luck to you.

boostaholic

Like I said, I am not mad at you. You can hear the stripped regulator gear in the motor, Its bad, No big deal. Sunroof doesn't work but you didn't say one way or the other, No big deal. Boost solenoid bypassed not in ad, no big deal. Car was not able to be safely driven any distance due to how bad the oil leak was. Im lucky it didn't go on fire, Seriously. But once again no big deal.
    I am going to post pics of the water damage inside this car. Whether it happened when you owned it or not, Its still a flood car. You can clearly see the water line in the trunk well where water was sitting. But once again no big deal. Im not trying to get in a pissing match with you as I also said in the ad that I am not upset as I KNEW what I was buying and planned a restoration anyway. You seem like a cool guy and maybe I may know more about what to look for in cars because I have been buying and selling cars a long time and seen plenty of flood cars.
    So then you may ask if I am not upset, Why post this?
    Because while I am not upset, We are a tight nit community and I believe in helping others to know what to look for. Especially when a lot of the deals are long distance. The last thing you want to happen is to go a long distance to find something not as described or that the owner wasn't aware of. Know what to look for.

boostaholic

But on another note, The car is getting a super 70 from TU and have a bunch of other parts coming. Its gonna be a fun project.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by clocktowersniper View Post
    The car is getting a super 70 from TU

Don't. Get a T04E 50 trim with the stock turbine wheel and stock a/r .48 housing instead.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by clocktowersniper View Post
    This is my old car from years ago. This came from the um person in Middleburg didn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo224 View Post
    I used to live in Green Cove Springs years ago and went through Middleburg a number of times. I'm pretty sure I've seen this car before.
    Wait...WHHAAATT!!??? I had 2 other TM people living near me back then and had NO clue!! :O How did THAT happen!? I lived in Orange Park and Jax.

As far as this car is concerned, I knew it when it was in Middleburg. I'm 99.99% sure it did not flood. Now, knowing Matt, it probably DID get water in it, but I don't think it was flooded (at least when I knew the car).

The turbo was on manifold pressure because it had "Matt mods" done to it, so it was overboosting like crap from what I was told, so to keep it from doing that Bigboost ran the WG reference to the manifold. Knowing that it doesn't surprise me at all the turbo got toasted. Matt did blow up 2 turbo's on the same night on 2 different cars (TI Chargers) and completely munched an A568 in a '92 IROC R/T (I was in the car when he did it...2nd gear was a total loss).

Anyway, I'm glad it's going back to another good home. I don't feel there's any reason for any hard feelings between anybody, and it doesn't seem there is. I just don't want to leave a "bad taste" of our community with Bigboost, which I know has also been said before.

Mitsu booster

I agree, no need for a pissing match. I only responded because the way you worded your response, it sounds like I knowingly got a flood car, replaced the necessary items to get it running, and dumped it on some unsuspecting soul, which simply isn't the case. I'm glad you noticed more about the car than I did/do, It's pretty clear that I don't know my head from my rear when it comes to TD cars.

Example - You said you can hear the "stripped regulator" in the motor, I have no idea what that is, or what it sounds like lol. Never had to deal with things like that, never had to measure tension on a timing belt before, never heard of a timing belt stripping teeth off of gears, so on and so forth.

I come from a world of 4G63 powered vehicles, where the first thing you do is rip the boost control solenoid out and replace it with an MBC/EBC, where timing belts have hydraulic tensioners, and you don't need to replace freeze plugs in the head etc.

I know you said that you weren't upset/mad at me, but the tone of the response said otherwise, I do apologize if my lack of knowledge on these cars masked underlying problems with the car, and I hope that you do get it all worked out and going again. I'll be sure to check back and see how its going.

Take care.
    Last edited by bigboost; 06-12-2014 at 08:07 AM.

boostaholic

Nah, dude don't worry about it. Like I said, You seemed like a cool dude and I am not blaming you at all. Heck, The car is 24 years old. I had not seen it in 14 years. A lot changes in that much time. I have worked with 4g63's but know a lot less about those than T3 motors so I understand. No matter how many pictures one posts, The cars always look ALOT better with digital pictures. If I thought you were hiding it I would have said it. In a car ad, Someone who is hiding something always wets the car down or takes vague pictures or just happens to overlook the damage areas. This wasn't the case with yours. The funny thing about that is don't they think you are going to notice the problem when you show up? In my case, I drove 5 hours to see the car and it show VERY well in the pictures and $2k is a very attracting price for a rare car. When I got there it didn't show as well as the pictures and was more rough than expected. BUT it was priced fairly for what it was. I apologize if you thought the tone was accusing to you directly. Basically what I am saying is SOMEONE knew it was flooded, but who knows who. Like you said, It could have been while Matt had it and that wouldn't surprise me. I am going to try and get some pictures of some things to look for on a flooded car so people will know what to look for. And I want to clarify, I am not accusing Bigboost of hiding this. Not everyone knows what to look for with flood cars. Hell, I never even ran a carfax to see because its very easy to get around that. I will see if I can get the pictures before I head back down to FL tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12