Thread: mptune retrieve initial tune

turbo addict

mptune retrieve initial tune

Total newbie here. I have a bb ecu with the initial tune for my combo on it. I want to download the tune from the ecu. Do I bootstrap it like I would to flash it? The tune is pretty lean on 7 lbs in rhe 13.5 range and leans to around 14.4 at 10. Ive verified fuel pressure is good. My understanding is the first step to take is to adjust the pump eff table want to make sure that is correct. Got my lm1 a d aux box all straight last night so I can now log afr, fp, rpm, map.

turbo addict

Re: mptune retrieve initial tune

Fuel pressure is good at idle or at 7psi and at 10psi?

Unless you have the associates files with BB cal, you can't just open it and look at it.

Here's what I do when I tune. Some does it differently than me.

#1. Open the bin file that is closest to your setup. Adjust for map sensor and injector size. Adjust fan if wanted, adjust overboost if wanted, turn on flash on knock, adjust allow boost if letting computer control boost. Burn chip to car or flash ostrich or flash ecu.

#2. I set the boost to around 9psi. Test drive and see how idle and part throttle works. Cold idle should be 12-13. Warm idle should be near 14.7, part throttle up to around 3psi should be be near 14.7. 3-7 psi should be near 12-13. Above 7psi should be near 11.5. If it is not, adjust the fuelparthrottle and baselinefrommap so that they are.

#3. If works ok, go brief full throttle and see if WOT any boost should see around 11.5. If it is not, adjust the tune so that it is. Go to a brief WOT to 9psi and see if you get 11.5, adjust until it is.

#4. I like to adjust pump efficiency table at 9psi, find an on ramp, data log if you want, start it rolling then stick it in 3rd, floor it from 2k all the way to 6k or whatever your redline is. Take note when the engine is at 9psi, monitor and adjust the pump efficiency table until the car get 11.5:1 a/f throughout the entire RPM range at 9psi.

#5. Once pump efficiency table is done, you can up the boost a little at a time to adjust the part throttle and full throttle, and sometimes baseline throttle.

#6. Adjust the timing advance tablet to get more or less timing, depending if the car knocks. If you're not comfortable, leave it stock. Above 15psi, you're gonna have to retard more timing, as factory timing advance adjustment stops at 15psi.

turbo addict

Fuel pressure is good at idle, 7 qnd 10 lbs by looking at the gauge. Going to datalog it to be sure and then go from there. Are the associated files something rob would be able to provide? By bin do you mean a tune I find listed under the mptune folder on my pc?

turbo addict

You download a turbonator zip file, and have to unzip and compile it to get a bin file which then can be burn on a chip or use it with ostrich.

Ask Rob about his ecu.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wallace View Post
    Total newbie here. I have a bb ecu with the initial tune for my combo on it. I want to download the tune from the ecu. Do I bootstrap it like I would to flash it? The tune is pretty lean on 7 lbs in rhe 13.5 range and leans to around 14.4 at 10. Ive verified fuel pressure is good. My understanding is the first step to take is to adjust the pump eff table want to make sure that is correct. Got my lm1 a d aux box all straight last night so I can now log afr, fp, rpm, map.
    I'll send your files to you. Just pm me your email Addy.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki