Thread: Looking for break information (SRT4 and regular 1st and 2nd gen neon)

turbo addict

Looking for break information (SRT4 and regular 1st and 2nd gen neon)

Can someone point me in the right direction to figure the following out.

Rotor size for the SRT4 along with the regular neons (1st and 2nd gen). I only need to know the sizes for the front.

Also, are the calipers different between the 1st and 2nd gen cars? I assume the SRT has a fancier caliper?

My reason for asking is I will be using 15inch wheels on a 1st gen neon and I want to use SRT brakes up front. I think the SRT has 16inch wheels so I want to make sure the SRT rotors and caliper will fit a 15inch wheel (specifically the 93 duster wheels)

Thank you for any help!

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Re: Looking for break information (SRT4 and regular 1st and 2nd gen neon)

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance 6g72 View Post
    Can someone point me in the right direction to figure the following out.

Rotor size for the SRT4 along with the regular neons (1st and 2nd gen). I only need to know the sizes for the front.

Also, are the calipers different between the 1st and 2nd gen cars? I assume the SRT has a fancier caliper?

My reason for asking is I will be using 15inch wheels on a 1st gen neon and I want to use SRT brakes up front. I think the SRT has 16inch wheels so I want to make sure the SRT rotors and caliper will fit a 15inch wheel (specifically the 93 duster wheels)

Thank you for any help!

You can find rotor dimensions on most auto parts retailer's websites. Here is an example of the info on RockAuto for the 1st gen Neon 5 lug front rotor.
    http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...444&cc=1093902

The SRT-4's used different calipers than other 2nd gen Neons. They could also be found on PT cruisers. Most SRT-4's came with 17" wheels. The ACR's came with 16" wheels. And many aftermarket 15" wheels will clear the SRT-4 calipers as well. However, many factory 15" chrysler wheels do have interference issues on the SRT-4 front calipers. The issue of caliper clearance on the SRT-4's is not so much about the diameter of the brakes, but the width of the caliper causing interference with the spokes of the wheel.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

turbo addict

Re: Looking for break information (SRT4 and regular 1st and 2nd gen neon)

Thank you

I see my late night posts cause selling errors (breaks lol)

My current plan after some research indicated that I can use the following in a 1st gen neon

Shadow or k based knuckles
    Shadow wheel bearing/hub assembly
    Srt4 11inch rotors
    Mini van 60mm caliper

The reason I need the shadow or 2g hubs is to fit my a543 axles into place.

It sounds like I'm better off planning on using the van calipers though I'm not sure which van has the 60mm. Most of these parts can be bought new/refurb besides the knuckles. I just need to be sure so I can get this swap done seemlessly without unexpected hangups.

Thanks for the help!