Thread: F/s 88 dodge shadow turbo 4door

turbo addict

F/s 88 dodge shadow turbo 4door

Date: 12th May 2014
    Username: bgbmxer
    Full Name brandon glatfelter
    City, State, Zip: red lion pa 17356
    Contact: (your choice of listing e-mail and phone. you must provide phone number via at least PM if potential buyer wants to verify.) bgbmxer@aol.com 7173090094
    Selling or Wanted Price: 2500
    Description: 88 dodge shadow turbo base model for sale.

Ok hate to do this but I'm trying to buy a newer vehicle to get me from a to b. bought the car from an old mans daughter after he had passed away. It's got 70k original miles on it and is pretty sharp. The whole car has been gone thru since I bought it. New brakes shocks brake lines brake booster have all been re done. New -6 an feed and return fuel lines with an adjustable fpr. The block is stock and the head was just freshened up to replace the head gasket. The car originally was an auto and now is a 520 5 speed with TU stage two ceramic 4 puck clutch installed. Polly bobble strut and new motor mounts were installed. Fwd performance 2.5 inch cat back exhaust straight pipe threw the cat and vibrant muffler. T2 airbox and hoses into a t2 ic. TU aluminum radiator. New tank and sending unit. Boost gauge and inovate wideband installed. Basically a t2 car but with the Mitsubishi turbo still. Sitting on 16" Shelby pumpers with brand new hankook ventus tires. Well that's it for the good.

The bad is It blew a head gasket which I replaced. Head was decked .06 thousands and pressure tested and new valve seals installed. Used new mopar headgasket and felpro bolts. But now the car smokes and I'm not sure what from. Compression hot is 130 across all 4 cylinders and no oil pushing out of the turbo.

Front bumper has a dent in it from the previous owner. Replacement bumper will go with the car.

Ac needs charged it leaked out over the winter.

Has surface rust on the floor pans but no holes was gonna coat it this summer but I'm cutting my losses.

Im in sure I'm forgetting something but I'm cutting my losses and want something to drive everyday. 2500 buys an awsome sleeper. I'm sure I'm forgetting something so just ask.

turbo addict

Re: F/s 88 dodge shadow turbo 4door

turbo addict

- - - Updated - - -

Hybrid booster

I noticed in the engine pic above that the pcv valve is plugged, in my experience with these cars that would make the car smoke alot surprisingly

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowv4l View Post
    I noticed in the engine pic above that the pcv valve is plugged, in my experience with these cars that would make the car smoke alot surprisingly
    Good catch! worth a try.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowv4l View Post
    I could try it. The port out of the valve cover goes directly to a catch can tho.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

I'm going to have to say that is one seriously cool P-body. Love the 16" Pumpers and other mods. *drool*!

BUMP!

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by bgbmxer View Post
    I could try it. The port out of the valve cover goes directly to a catch can tho.
    I went to Lowes and found brass T's that had two large ends the size of the valve cover nipple (which is large) and one end that was medium sized that I could hook my pcv valve up to. In my experience the engine likes a constant vacuum on the valve cover. So... At idle the car's intake vacuum is taking care of the crankcase pressure and at speed the catch can (which should be hooked up to your intake pipe) is taking care of it since under boost you don't have..... Well, ya know.... Vacuum. Lol