Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Buy EIBACH Lowering Springs

Garrett booster

Re: Group Buy EIBACH Lowering Springs

Quote Originally Posted by glhs727 View Post
    Talked with Eibach, and they will make a running change to a 1.5" drop. So this new seris of 2804's will be an advertised 1.5 drop
    with a 1.5" drop - now I'm interested !

Hybrid booster

Talked with Eibach, and they will make a running change to a 1.5" drop. So this new seris of 2804's will be an advertised 1.5 drop

Same spring rates? Just dropping the unused coils that I have been reading about people cutting?
    74 Charger 440/727 91 Spirit R/T TIII/a568 95 Ram Cummins 12v/47RH

Garrett booster

Good question Kryp2nite !! Wondering the same....

boostaholic

why the sudden change to 1.5" drop?

turbo addict

is this going to make the LCA's point up now killing the handling?? If so I'll want to cancel my order. If they'll sit level then I'll keep my order. 1 or 2 people want something out of 15+ and it just get's done? I think we need a little more research before it get's changed from how it's been all these years.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kryp2nitE View Post
    Same spring rates? Just dropping the unused coils that I have been reading about people cutting?
    We had lots of requests for something a little more. Most people were cutting them. This saves them the trouble.
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    is this going to make the LCA's point up now killing the handling?? If so I'll want to cancel my order.
    anyone that doesn't want 1.5 inch drop can email me by Friday to cancel. I have not heard any issues with handlings when going an extra 1/2 inch with the eibachs.
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

If Eibach simply eliminated the bottom spring coil from the previous 2804 springs then I am all for that.

I will have to look at my Shelby Lancer which has been wearing some 2804 springs for the last 10 years. It also has '91 K-frame and cast A-arms. I will look at the A-arm angle and report back.

Hybrid booster

We had lots of requests for something a little more. Most people were cutting them. This saves them the trouble.
    I'm all for not having to cut brand new springs. After reading some old threads it sounded like i would have to cut the unused ones.
    74 Charger 440/727 91 Spirit R/T TIII/a568 95 Ram Cummins 12v/47RH

Garrett booster

This is gonna get confusing......Now I'm wondering if we should just get the 1" drop instead of 1.5". Who is to say if the 1.5" will cause some issues for cars??? And if we feel that we want to cut them, it will be up to the person to cut his springs. I just don't want to order these great springs and find out that the lca is pointing up. IDK. What do you guys think???

Hybrid booster

From everything I have read the "original" 2804s never gave the advertised 1" drop to begin with so maybe with the 1.5" drop they will actually give the proper stance people were looking for by cutting the springs before. I'm still in.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    If Eibach simply eliminated the bottom spring coil from the previous 2804 springs then I am all for that.

I will have to look at my Shelby Lancer which has been wearing some 2804 springs for the last 10 years. It also has '91 K-frame and cast A-arms. I will look at the A-arm angle and report back.
    Hopefully they're just eliminating a progressive coil to do it. If you could report back asap that'd be awesome Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by Kryp2nitE View Post
    I'm all for not having to cut brand new springs. After reading some old threads it sounded like i would have to cut the unused ones.
    I don't want to cut brand new springs either but.........

Quote Originally Posted by midniteracer1 View Post
    This is gonna get confusing......Now I'm wondering if we should just get the 1" drop instead of 1.5". Who is to say if the 1.5" will cause some issues for cars??? And if we feel that we want to cut them, it will be up to the person to cut his springs. I just don't want to order these great springs and find out that the lca is pointing up. IDK. What do you guys think???
    Personally I'd rather be able to adjust them a bit to suit me. I know my a-arms move easier than 99% of the people on here which puts more weight on my springs so for me I might need the 1" drop instead of the 1.5"

Quote Originally Posted by HSKR View Post
    From everything I have read the "original" 2804s never gave the advertised 1" drop to begin with so maybe with the 1.5" drop they will actually give the proper stance people were looking for by cutting the springs before. I'm still in.
    and they might be just right. I'm still in, guess I could sell them down the road or trade them for un-cut old 2804's if I have to.

Also Cindy, is this 1.5" drop Just for the fronts? Seems that's where most of the people had an issue. I know the 2801's on my 87 ShelbyZ put the rear suspension at the perfect angle for performance.

Course I might end up with either old or new 2804's on the front and 2801's in the back. If that's the case the guy wanting just the rear set could buy mine.

Garrett booster

I'm hoping some of these questions concerning LCA angle and drop rate get answered before the 30th...right now I'm on the fence on whether or not to buy.

turbo addict

When these were not available, I had custom 1-1/2" drop springs made for my k-base car (k-car wagon)
    which has the same springs as the Daytona etc...and it works great with this drop. But then I do have
    the koni's up front.
    These are a great value compared to having them custom made.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wagon.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	50284
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Hybrid booster

Finally, lowering springs that will actually lower the car. 1" made the car look normal now it will finally look the way a car should.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by ajakeski View Post
    Koni part number or Neon model year?

Thanks
    any neon srt4, all you have to do is cut the top of your old strut and pull the guts out. Then drill a hole in the bottom of the old housing and drop in the new Koni cartridges and bolt them from the bottom with the hardware koni supplies you with. DONE. Easy as pie and the car handles like a mofo.

- - - Updated - - -

I got the koni yellows from tirerack. Cindy sells koni red for the rear of the non Lbody cars.

- - - Updated - - -

And guys were cutting the progressive coils before to lower the car, now it looks like you may not have to.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

This 1.5" drop, is it taken up by a settling of the soft progressive end of the spring, or will the spring be 1.5"shorter? If the latter, what about "tender springs" to take up the difference while allowing full extension. I hate it when springs are all loosey goosey clanging around when the shock is fully extended and I don't care to cut full extension by binding the two ends of the springs to the perches.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowv4l View Post
    Finally, lowering springs that will actually lower the car. 1" made the car look normal now it will finally look the way a car should.
    Ditto. Putting the 'original' 2804 Eibach springs on my Shelby Lancer didn't make much difference at all in ride height. I admit I didn't measure the fender-to-ground clearance, but we did install my original SL springs on an '89 Lebaron GTS and it lowered that car a bit.

The 'progressive' coils are all at the bottom. Like I said before, this amounts to 6 coils in the rear and 4 in the front. They are completely stacked upon each other when the car is parked. If they eliminate at least one bottom coil all around it would be better in my opinion.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor DOHCRT's Avatar

Every single set of these I have installed, 2804 and 2801's, I have cut the bottom coil on the front springs and left the rear alone. This drops the car nicely and does not affect the ride one bit.

Vic in Phoenix
    dohcrt@cox.net

91 Spirit R/T x4
    92 Spirit R/T x2
    89 CSX
    88 CSX-TIII
    84 Rampage TII
    97 Ram (Buzzin Half Dozen)
    69 Dart GT 'Vert

turbo addict

cutting a progressive coil isn't going to affect the ride. We're not worried about that. What we're worried about is on the stamped arm cars if it's lowered more than what my 2801's sit at now then the LCA is going to be pointing up which makes the handling suffer.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast