Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 Bolt mains! group buy

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

4 Bolt mains! group buy

We need to have a set made for one of our customers. We will open a group buy for anyone wanting a set, but since we need to do this in a hurry, all monies will be due no later than FRIDAY JUNE 14th. The expected ETA for complete is 3-4 weeks. Originally done for Aaron Miller by Pro-Gram Engineering, we will offering these up for this limited time only. We will NOT be stocking these, so if you need them, you have to get in this group buy. Pro-Gram Engineering design a custom 4 bolt billet main cap for the 89+ common blocks. You cannot use the balance shaft assembly with these! Cost will be $459 a set plus shipping. I know these seem a little pricey but when doing short runs, costs go up.

Info taken from the original group buy:These are applicable and should be considered for anyone flirting with the 400+ WHP land for any amount of time. Brian Slowe commented that after his last season that his stock main caps no longer had a snug fit... obviously it was time for an upgrade to prevent a catastrophic failure.

Features:

- Machined from billet SAE 1045
    - Tensile strength of 90,500, about three times that of the block!
    - Black oxide for an awesome look
    - Utilizes all existing bolt holes save for only two!
    - Beautiful construction with no abrupt height changes or cheap
    appearance, and no chances of stress risers
    - Pre-machined for the thrust beaing on number 3, with the bearing tangs
    on all of them
    - Uses the stock front and rear main to keep stock seals and retainer plates
    - CNC Vertical Machined
    - All certified domestic steel used, all made and machined in the US!
    "Pro-Gram Engineering has had the pleasure of serving the automotive community for 22 years and is proud to claim the title of the world's largest and best manufacturer of aftermarket main bearing caps. Dedicating ourselves to the principle of "quality, not quantity, is our #1 product" enables us to provide a superior part in design, manufacture and material. These principles have allowed us to provide parts to all facets of the automotive performance industry including NASCAR's Nextel, Busch and Craftsman series, NHRA Drag Racing, NTPA Tractor Pullers, Offshore and Drag Boat Racing as well as industrial and military applications.
    Quality, as defined by Webster, is "the degree of excellence of a thing"; Pro-Gram Engineering strives to maintain an excellent quality in our materials and production methods.

Material: With the influx of lesser quality goods and materials to the US, Pro-Gram Engineering solely uses materials certified as produced in the US. This allows us to guarantee the quality of the materials used in our parts, which are critical in any performance application.
    Equipment: The machinery and equipment used to manufacture our products is continually being maintained and upgraded to ensure the highest precision available.
    Location: Pro-Gram Engineering manufactures all of it's goods here in the US. Our manufacturing facility is located in Barberton, OH, which allows us to have direct influence on our product quality and manufacturing methods.
    Personnel: Pro-Gram Engineering proudly employs highly skilled men and women from the surrounding communities. The combined machining and manufacturing experience at our, and your, disposal is in excess of half a century. While already highly skilled and competent, Pro-Gram engineering's employees are continually trained in new manufacturing methods and techniques as well as CAD design and software. Pro-Gram Engineering's technical support team of Ken and Dan Anderson have been working and serving the automotive racing industry as father and son for 13 years while Ken has served the automotive community at large for over 43 years. "
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Hybrid booster

Re: 4 Bolt mains! group buy

Edit: I'm in for a set
    Last edited by Kryp2nitE; 06-13-2013 at 10:40 AM.
    74 Charger 440/727 91 Spirit R/T TIII/a568 95 Ram Cummins 12v/47RH

BUMP!!! really? no one planning on building a 400+ hp motor?
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Awesome, Been waiting for a set of these for a couple years now! You can add me to the list

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

Hi Cindy -

I'll take a set.

Thanks.

turbo addict

Cindy count me in if not too late. Let me know and will send $

boostaholic

Im in for a set. That should make 5! Is that enough to make this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by lengel View Post
    Im in for a set. That should make 5! Is that enough to make this happen?
    OK, since Warren found a set for immediate use, these are not a "have to do now" so I will keep the group buy open till after July 4th, final numbers and money will be due on the 10th, then we can go to production and should have them ready by the end of July, so with the 5 people we have a definite group buy, and if more people get in on it, cost may go down a small amount.

- - - Updated - - -

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

For anyone who's even thinking about this, these are Top notch pieces and I for one have been waiting a long time (since Aarron did his last set) to pull the trigger on a set. They may not come around for years, so I'd jump on bourd while you can

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

Hybrid booster

Bump, only two days left.

yes, I'm going to call everyone this Friday for $$ and once I do, we are not going to make extra so if you need them, better order now!

Bump this up!! All the guys that posted wanting a set, start calling me with your CC info, I already have a couple people taken care and I want to make sure I don't forget anyone and have all my ducks in a row by Friday!

Hybrid booster

I'll take a set, was thinking about a set for the engine I'm putting together.

well if you want a set, you need to call with your CC. ! Today is the last day!!

Hybrid booster

Any updates on these?

Pro-gram said they should be ready to ship to us at the end of next week! (approx. Sept. 13th)

turbo addict

Have these been shipped from Pro-Gram?

All of them have arrived safely at FWD today. I will be shipping them out tomorrow. If anyone needs anything added to their order, let me know and I will throw it in your box.

- - - Updated - - -

mike call me later.... I owe you some money LOL

turbo addict

Thank you Cindy! Looking forward to installing these on my 300 hp motor, lol.

Hybrid booster

Mine showed up yesterday, looked like a world cup team got ahold of it and dribbled it all the way here. But those things are heavy!

Thanks for doing this group buy cindy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast