Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FYI tryingbe inflated prices after mutual agreement. Adding PP fees against TM rules.

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Thumbs down FYI tryingbe inflated prices after mutual agreement. Adding PP fees against TM rules.

I see tryingbe has good feedback but that was not my experience. Twice Harry attempted to inflate prices after we agree upon prices. I was attempting to buy a bunch of the items from his CSX. He offered specific combined items and I accepted...later he tried to price one of the items separately. After bring it to Harry's attention he offered to honor the price. But then again he added the additional $20 to the total.
    Then once it appeared we had resolved the issues, he stated I had to send the payment as a GIFT, against TM rules.

I think it is absurd for a seller to expect a buyer to forfeit the protection provided by PayPal. That is as absurd as expecting the seller to send the items w/o payment, which was my response...I advised Harry I would have no problem gifting the payment once items were received and tested...seems he found that as absurd as I found his request for me to risk potentially throwing away $358!!!

As a buyer, you MUST protect yourself...and be attentive to the seller's attitude and clues that point to unscrupulous behavior.
    For this reason I have canceled the transaction and I advise others to do the same if things seem fishy. Do not to let your want or need for the parts cloud your judgement. And under no circumstances, send the payment as a GIFT...view that request as absurd as giving a caller your SSN or passwords!!

turbo addict

Re: FYI tryingbe inflated prices after mutual agreement. Adding PP fees against TM ru

What Mark referring of "inflated price" was over a $20 coil that I copy and pasted wrong, twice.
    It's a simple mistake, which I corrected twice. Mark can't let that go for some reason.

Example:
    Distributor with hep, rotor/cap, cover $50
    MSD coil $20
    Distributor with hep, rotor/cap, cover, MSD coil $50

Mark doesn't negotiate prices. He demands it while draining your spirit and energy while doing so. Mark expect brand new parts quality with warranty out of well used part prices.

Regarding to "Paypal fee against TM rule", make up your mind. If there is fee than it is not a gift payment. If it is a gift payment than there is no fee.

I'm happy this transaction is over.

Seller beware!
    Last edited by tryingbe; 05-12-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Re: FYI tryingbe inflated prices after mutual agreement. Adding PP fees against TM ru

Can someone post the rules about TM forbidding payment to be sent as a gift? I do it all the time and have requested it almost as many. I'd like to know what is allowed and what is not. I do not see this rule.

The transaction I almost completed with Harry was great on communication and more than fair on pricing.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Harry, YOUR behavior is UNSCRUPULOUS !! HOW CAN I DEMAND A PRICE??? YOU LISTED PRICES then TRIED to INFLATE them!!!

YOU REQUIRED the GIFT payment, WHICH DOES VIOLATE TM RULES!! This was after we agreed upon a total and after you TWICE tried to inflate prices!!! Sorry, what you called an accident, TWICE!!

Then, instead of accepting the consequences, you resort to the shameful option...'blame the buyer'...POOR FORM!!!

FYI: $70 for the Fuel Pump EXCEEDED the price I paid for a NEW one!!!

Yes, UNSCRUPULOUS Sellers BEWARE: I DEMAND FAIR treatment AND NO GAMES/DRAMA!!!
    And if you try CHEATING, I WILL CALL YOU OUT! And then, WARN OTHERS of any attempts to lie, cheat or steal!!

MM

In title case, will you post the rules you are referring to?
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

I'm not letting Mark waste any more of my time.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

I have seen more positive feedback threads for tryingbe than possibly any other seller! I have also been a customer and was very happy with the transaction. I believe tryingbe has earned a good reputation here with his selling history. I also sent a 1500$ paypal as a gift to someone I trusted, even though they didnt ask for it that way. Is this against forum rules?

turbo addict

Harry has been a long time member on this forum offering parts and sound no cost advice for close to ten years. IMO, your post in #4 is worded WAY too strong. We get it, your disappointed that your not getting the parts you wanted. Just comes across as sour grapes because YOU decided to cancel transaction. Sounds like you just didn't like Harry's cost to you for shipping. Next time this comes up, bite the bullet and try offering to pay Paypal fees to seller to keep your protection options open. Won't cost seller a dime. If they then refuse, then it could be a cause for concern for buyer. This would have cost you an additional $10-11 for your piece or mind. Instead you chose to terminate deal over $10! IMO, that is just being cheap, frugal, crazy, stubborn, (you pick the word). If you don't like price or his terms, buy elseware, which you chose to do. Should be end of story...
    Todd
    Last edited by 4 l-bodies; 05-13-2014 at 08:02 PM.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor A.J.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post

The transaction I almost completed with Harry was great on communication and more than fair on pricing.
    Hmmm, this sounds suspicious. You ALMOST completed a transaction with him? So you haven't actually COMPLETED a transaction with him so you can't verify or discredit the o.p.'s accusation.

Also I have knowledge that you have accepted a ride from tryingbe AND had dinner with him so your impartiality on the subject is in question. I must ask you sir, please, see yourself to the door.

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    Hmmm, this sounds suspicious. You ALMOST completed a transaction with him? So you haven't actually COMPLETED a transaction with him so you can't verify or discredit the o.p.'s accusation.

Also I have knowledge that you have accepted a ride from tryingbe AND had dinner with him so your impartiality on the subject is in question. I must ask you sir, please, see yourself to the door.
    haha, Well isn't the original OP in the same category? Never actually completed the transaction, so he really can't leave feedback as a buyer, technically.

And I remember that the seat was in the back of the van. It's like you didn't want to talk to me.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Jeez...I've bought quite a few parts from Harry. Always been a happy customer! I sure as hell won't let this thread stop me from buying parts from him in the future. Just my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    haha, Well isn't the original OP in the same category? Never actually completed the transaction, so he really can't leave feedback as a buyer, technically.

And I remember that the seat was in the back of the van. It's like you didn't want to talk to me.
    The o.p. COULDN'T complete the transaction because Harry was changing prices on him and asking him to jump through some ungodly hoops. What's YOUR excuse? Hmmmm, still suspicious.

Here's a little nugget for you, I don't like Chris and I moved the seat from the back of the van to the front for him. So that's where you rank buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    Here's a little nugget for you, I don't like Chris and I moved the seat from the back to the front for him. So that's where you rank buddy.
    haha I like you A.J.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Can I surf on top of the van? I will require a beer and a helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    Can I surf on top of the van? I will require a beer and a helmet.
    Check, check, and check.

Hybrid booster

In fairness to the OP, tryingbe your f/s post still has the typo you mentioned above which is actually misleading and did seem to be the catalyst to this rant if the MSD coil is $20 by itself on top of $50 for the other stuff. How would anyone know that it isn't included for that price the way it is written? I would have questioned it too, although spending the time to make a thread with bolding and bolded italics is a little overkill IMO.

Distributor with hep, rotor/cap, cover, MSD coil $50Plug wires is free
    1991 Chrysler Lebaron GTC convertible - a568 - 15psi FWD Stage 3, FMIC, TII Garrett turbo, two of the big ones

turbo addict

Not to jump on the "bandwagon" but ive traded with Harry for some parts. Trading in an internet forum setting is very scary and requires a lot of trust with the other person, everything went great. I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again

There has been some debate over whether its polite to add paypal fees or ask that the buyer send money as a gift. Regarding TM's rules on adding fees to the final sale price, when you make a listing and fill out the small form about your name, email, price, ect., there is a little note that says any merchant fees must be included in the price and not in addition.

Code:
    Date: 14th May 2014
    Username: shackwrrr
    Full Name:
    City, State, Zip:
    Contact: (your choice of listing e-mail and phone. you must provide phone number via at least PM if potential buyer wants to verify.)
    Price: (any applicable merchant fees must be included in this and not in addition)
    Also in Paypal's terms they state that you cannot charge the sender for your fees openly

Code:
    3.4 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.
    I can see the other side of things too, the percentage can really take a chunk out of your profit. Unfortunately PayPal really leans towards the buyer when it comes to protection, so why charge the seller? My idea of a fair system would be to split the fee between the seller and the buyer, the convenience goes both ways so why not charge accordingly.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

As a business that accept credit cards, I charge my customers 6% if they use a card. It's a connivence for them, not me to accept a card so I'm not paying the fees, they are. When I quote them a price for work (parts, labor, & tax) I give them the cash price and the debit/credit card price. I do that to give my customers the opportunity to save money. In the grand scheme of things, to pay the pay pal fees is a lot better then spending a day in the junkyard pulling the parts yourself. This thread is the perfect example of why I don't sell used parts. I have a whole shed of stuff I'd like to unload but I can't stand the drama so I'll probably hold onto it until I get sick of looking at it and just throw it away.

Hybrid booster

Exclamation Re: FYI tryingbe inflated prices after mutual agreement. Adding PP fees against TM ru

so, do normal feedback rules not apply to this thread since no money actually changed hands? chris hansen over here is gonna clean up the forums of unscrupulous sellers for us, huh? gee, thanks.

I was one of the recent transactions with Harry and I was more than pleased start to finish. I've done every type of deal across the boards over the years and first transaction with Harry went like it would with a vendor, or any of the few I've been lucky to deal with selectively over the years. most of us see through a thread like this, but it doesn't mean we have to read it and agree with it.

if Harry was messing with you, there's the one option to exercise (to not spend money with him). Feedback for sellers is a privilege for people that ACTUALLY SPEND THEIR MONEY.

Hybrid booster

Ya know, i still dont see what he was getting upset about. Ive never bought from Harry, but the whole premise of this thread is ridiculous. You didnt buy parts, got mad due to a technicality (20 bucks) and are now telling everyone he is a terrible seller and person. Inall honesty, you could have a deal struck, and if he feels fit, he can raise the price double what it "used" to be. Sure, might suck to have that happen, but there could be other reasons for the price change. You dont go to a gas station and ----- the gas is more expensive today than yesterday. Cause they'll tell you to leave. If you can find a better deal, go for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast