Thread: Possible Custom Intakes

turbo addict

Possible Custom Intakes

Guys and gals,

Now that I got a decent welder in my garage I have been making different designs for completely custom intakes for our 8 valve cars. These intakes will be completely custom but yet bolt on designs with our factory gaskets. They will be most likely made out of complete aluminum or stainless. I am looking at different options for metal setups. I have a quote in at a local CNC shop to get some flanges made up.

Now onto the different setups. With these intakes I will be designing and making them for a COMPLETELY stock configuration. Meaning that the flanges will be stock mounting. I will leave enough material for porting the flange. Meaning that these will be for multi setups. I will most likely NOT offer port matching to your head due to the fact that I will not have your head here. Now if you want to send me the head I can port match it. It would be up to you and time would be of the essence due to me getting these intakes done. The throttle body face on the upper plenum will be for the setup that you please. I just need to know before possible ordering. I will be making templates for the different throttle bodies and they will come drilled and tapped for whatever throttle body you please.

Now onto the design. It will be a box style for now. A possible round plenum can be in the works if this goes through and I sell enough. The design of the box style though will include angles for max flow and equal flow across all cylinders. I will be including velocity stacks into the runner, plenum where they meet. Runners I will most likely run a oval tube to help match somewhat the shape of our intake ports. I am making this WITH injector bungs and to incorporate mounting points for a Turbo 1 fuel rail.

So quick list of features of this intake if I do it and there is enough interest.

Stock Mounting.
    Stock Fuel rail mounting
    Leaving the throttle body mounting open for multiple throttle bodies
    Room for growth on porting the flange and at the end of the ports
    Stock injector mounting

So this will be a VERY universal intake design. This approach I feel will be the best way to make one.

Now I am still sourcing material. I am shopping very hard to keep cost down. I know we are ALL keeping money in mind. So my price WILL reflect that. Right now my pricing is around rough estimate 350 to 400 bucks. I dont think that you will find another price like that for a complete custom but yet stock fitting intake.

This is NOT a for sure thing. I am making this thread for interest and I am still sourcing material. Price is not actual but I am trying to keep it around that.

If you have any questions or possible concerns let me know.

Paul
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict

Re: Possible Custom Intakes

cool, i hope to see some prototypes

turbo addict

I plan on making a prototype and stick on a car. I will also get it flow benched to find out what it flows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hybrid booster

Go for it! In a TD community, choices are a good thing. "One size does not fit everyone"

turbo addict

That is my point in making something universal. This intake should go on stock applications with no port work to extreme. It will also work for dimensions wise cause I am making a jig off of the same dimensions of a stock 1 piece intake. So fitment "shouldn't" be a problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]