Thread: General lee TCI trans aaaaahhhhhhh

turbo addict

General lee TCI trans aaaaahhhhhhh

As some of you know i been busy restoring a friends General Lee , i built a wick 440 for it all the good stuff . we knew that the stock Torque conv. was not going to work with the Cam
    11"vac and a trans leak from the case , So we got a brand new TCI street fighter 3000 stall trans package straight from TCI , put it in started it up and it got a major leak from behind the ring gear suspect a bad weld , i just dont get this as this trans is to have been fully tested before it was packaged up now i have to pull i all out again

Re: General lee TCI trans aaaaahhhhhhh

Crxp quality sux. I had an appliance repairman make 3 extra trips because of a defective NEW part for a Whirlpool gas range. I'm going to email Whirlpool and tell them they owe him for 3 service trips because of the bad part. The last trip was to install a good new part to replace the new defective part he installed the first time.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Behind what ring gear?

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    Behind what ring gear?
    Assuming starter drive ring gear (flexplate).

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

The ring gear is welded directly to the torque converter. TCI= total crap inside. Their stuff can be very spotty on the Q/C. I have seen their front band apply levers where the hole for the pivot/mount pin is drilled so crooked you can't even install it.

turbo addict

Yes the ring gear is welded to the TC . pulled the trans out of the car and smoke tested the Tc no leakes so i has to be coming from the front pump / seal yet i can see any that just jumps out . got a new replacement trans on the way
    the piss off is i hoping to have car done so i could get back to my life and my lancer i put on the back burner to do this job

turbo addict

Update the front pump seal had dried sealant on the seal lip , we put a new seal in put the transmission back in and all is good .. took the car out for it's maiden drive , Man i built a animal !!!