Thread: what other turbine housings will work with chrysler teo4h?

turbo addict

what other turbine housings will work with chrysler teo4h?

ive got a couple good stock chrysler mistu's in my garage from upgrades. ive got myself a fun little toyota starlet i daily drive right now, its got the trd widebody kit and 8' 0 offset wheels so it looks sweet and handles amazing. the only problem is the anemic 70 hp 1.3l engine in it, even after i put a long tube header, motorcycle carbs, and a cam i only managed 97 hp with it.

so before i go and motor swap it, i want to throw a turbo on it (ive got enough turbos, intercoolers, and associated parts), and the smallest one i have is our chrysler mitsu. i dont even mind the small size of the chrysler turbine housing, but id really like a more popular mounting flange.

so my question is what other turbine housings will work with the chrysler mistu turbo? im trying to do this a little on the cheap side, and a low boost application, just trying to get another 25-35 hp out of it. if i wanted to spend $200-500 on another turbo, id just go ahead with the motor swap.

ive tried to google it and do a couple searches here but i came up a little short? any help would be awesome, thanks...

turbo addict

Re: what other turbine housings will work with chrysler teo4h?

Volvo TD04H-13C turbine housing should work.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Adapt the IHI off of a Masi onto it? I know . . . . . PITA but I have a rebuildable donor . . . if you want it.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

I dont see how drilling your own bolt pattern adds very much effort to a custom turbo install. Would you rather pay money to ship a turbine housing to you, or drill 4 holes in a plate of steel?

Also, 97hp sounds pretty good for an old school 1.3. I sometimes think about downgrading my 1.5L crx to a 1.3 and turboing it.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

turbo addict

Im getting 37 mpgs with the cbr 1000 carbs too! Maybe il redrill the turbine housing too? Thanks!!!

turbo addict

Are those above options actually a normal bolt pattern? I wish I had gotten my 81 KP61 running around to daily. Dreamed a lot about that car.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

turbo addict

The Masi uses a 2.5" x 2.5" square pattern. Not sure what it's called or who else uses it. It's tiny though. My external gate has the same size hole as the stock Masi turbine inlet hole

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

I think it is an ihi thing. I have an ihi turbo off a 2.5L Biturbo for my 1.0L Insight and it looks to have that same pattern.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?