Thread: fuel injector harness

turbo addict

fuel injector harness

Need a good fuel injector harness 85-89 will work.

also open to finding the connectors and pins and making my own...

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Re: fuel injector harness

Do you have a picture of the type of connector that you would prefer? I know there were probably 2-3 different kinds of fuel rail connector between 85-'89, and then '90+ uses a different type as well. I might have one here. I know I have a couple '89 TI/TII that were for use on the 1-piece intake.

turbo addict

i have used them all i just swap the connector to the one i need, off the top of my head i cannot remember what one i need.
    i am interested in whichever one is the most flexable and dose not crackle when you move the wires

I have the injector pigtails, but I am holding onto the pins that I have for a harness swap. Let me know if you are interested in the pigtails.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Cheap pigtails can be found at most parts stores, as can the crimp terminals for the harness connector for pre-91 cars. The injector pigtails however do not have the rubber boot with them. Thus far, I've only seen the rubber boots included once, in a link that Jon Trotter posted, but I don't know what thread that was.

If you're dealing with the '91-up weather pack style connector, there's two sizes of pins in the connector. You can get the larger pins through Napa and a few other parts stores, but I haven't had any luck finding the smaller male/female pins.

Quote Originally Posted by supercrackerbox View Post
    Cheap pigtails can be found at most parts stores, as can the crimp terminals for the harness connector for pre-91 cars. The injector pigtails however do not have the rubber boot with them. Thus far, I've only seen the rubber boots included once, in a link that Jon Trotter posted, but I don't know what thread that was.

If you're dealing with the '91-up weather pack style connector, there's two sizes of pins in the connector. You can get the larger pins through Napa and a few other parts stores, but I haven't had any luck finding the smaller male/female pins.
    I see you talking about me Adam....

http://eagleday.stores.yahoo.net/944ampcobo.html

Here is the entire kit.

http://eagleday.stores.yahoo.net/2feampco.html

Note, there are some other connectors out there that have the quick disconnect metal ring, but these will do.

Dang it, this too. This guy sells angled ones.

http://eagleday.stores.yahoo.net/ampcobo.html
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

I remember years ago you had a writeup on everything you did to make a new harness.
    any idea of a good place to source the correct pins for the old style connector.
    I would have no problem cutting up an old engine harness but I have a hard time putting a cut into my brand new super 60 harness.
    weather pack connectors are way nicer but a car that will get a max of 2000 miles on nice days a year can do without the weatherpack connector.

Did you check the links? BTW, it's a pull through connector, meaning you crimp it then you pull it into the plug. So either don't mess up or have spares. I'd email that guy and ask. I THINK you can also check www.clipsandfasteners.com, you may find some there. I bought a ton of terminals from them looking for the right one, can't remember if I ever got the any. I'll go look.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIroc View Post
    I remember years ago you had a writeup on everything you did to make a new harness.
    any idea of a good place to source the correct pins for the old style connector.
    I would have no problem cutting up an old engine harness but I have a hard time putting a cut into my brand new super 60 harness.
    weather pack connectors are way nicer but a car that will get a max of 2000 miles on nice days a year can do without the weatherpack connector.
    John,
    Your gonna want to change out that 1 wire o2 connector and the non-functional detonation sensor on your new s-60 harness anyway so happy cutting! (lol).
    Have you really looked hard for new injector harnesses? It's been a couple years since I bought some, but I found new ones still out in Mopar parts houses across the country. I fact, I found NOS alt harness and starter harness too.
    Todd

Here is the connector I was referring to as well as one terminal made for the connector and the other one that is of the same style, just smaller and made (I think) for the coolant temp sensor and ambient temp sensor connector. Notice the hump on the metal piece, makes for a nice and easy disconnect from the injector. The part number from Clips and Fasteners is 15499, comes in packs of 25. This is for the smaller one though, not for the injector. As I said, I would check with Eagle Day and see if he can sell you some spare terminals.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140428_142952.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	514.5 KB 
ID:	49812 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140428_143037.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	570.1 KB 
ID:	49814 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140428_143044.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	563.8 KB 
ID:	49815

turbo addict

would clips and fasteners have the big terminals used on the fuel harness bulk head going into the main engine harness.

Alright, this is the stock connector terminal. http://www.onlinecomponents.com/te-c...tml?p=10530295 It's a Bosch style connector terminal. But if you get a boot and/or connector from a vendor, I would just ask them how much for spare terminals. Those look to be about .33 each. The ones in the picture above that I posted are specific to that connector and wouldn't work for a stock connector, meaning they wouldn't pull through correctly.

This connector is the style like mine, but uses the connectors in the link above.

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pro...FTMV7AodeAwA7Q

The reason I posted the link to Eagle Day is because they sell the color coded wiring that is rated for automotive use. That is what I used to build my harness.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

http://www.sineco.com/AT-Series-Plugs_ep_180.html

measure twice, cut once and you'll wonder why you waited so long.

The flat blade style 1/4" terminals can be purchased from dorman via rock auto. Its all in my 'connectors' thread...

turbo addict

thank you guys for all the input, i found a 25 pack of the 1/4 terminals on clips and fasteners.
    and i may get the fuel clips that requires assembley but what is the proper tool to use to do this style crimp.

Quote Originally Posted by 135sohc View Post
    http://www.sineco.com/AT-Series-Plugs_ep_180.html

measure twice, cut once and you'll wonder why you waited so long.

The flat blade style 1/4" terminals can be purchased from dorman via rock auto. Its all in my 'connectors' thread...
    Good call on the blade terminals. I forget I use a different connector. as you've pointed out, the newer style ones are really nice, but expensive. I prefer to go this route mainly because they are sealed.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIroc View Post
    thank you guys for all the input, i found a 25 pack of the 1/4 terminals on clips and fasteners.
    and i may get the fuel clips that requires assembley but what is the proper tool to use to do this style crimp.
    Honestly, I don't use anything special, just a crimp tool. It does require that I crimp twice using the A crimper, but it's very firm and works as I need it to. I think it was under $15, if not under $10.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140501_120821.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	504.7 KB 
ID:	49849

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Do a search for 'open barrel' or 'oem style' crimp tools. Find something that falls within the wire gauge your using.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

I use the crimping jaws on my wire stripper like this. It takes several steps but I've gotten enough practice to duplicate the factory crimps on softer metal connectors very nicely. The steel connectors such as the blade pins in the injection harness are still a real pain.