Thread: Lean on cyl 1 and cel flash with new cal.

turbo addict

Lean on cyl 1 and cel flash with new cal.

I'm trying to get this tune running right on my car and I have the check engine light flashing under boost both full throttle and part throttle. Full throttle afr is in the 12s and part throttle under boost is around 14afr. Pulled the plugs and all look good except for cylinder one. I cannot hear anything motor wise like detonation but the plug doesn't lie. Plan for the weekend is to get new plugs and swap injectors around to see if the detonation follows.

the setup is a 88 2.2 with the stock mitsu t2 ic and airbox with k&n filter and 2.5" exhaust with no cat and straight thru muffler. Have the fuel pressure set to 55 psi with the vac line unplugged an set the ignition timing awhile back. Don't wanna blow this thing up so any quick tips would help. Posting this before I bug rob about the calibration or eliminate the calibration being the issue. Is cylinder one usually run lean with a one piece intake? My boost is only around 12 lbs

turbo addict

Re: Lean on cyl 1 and cel flash with new cal.

From some research it looks like it should be a little more rich under boost. Might bump the fuel pressure up.

Also what's everyone running for colder plugs.

turbo addict

Put the stock t1 tune back in which doesn't run the same injectors as the t2 and runs rich so I have to turn the fuel pressure down a bit but can't all the way because it will vapor lock. I think I need to get a regular t2 cal and start from there to see if I have issues.

Before I took the new calibration out i tried changing fuel pressure all over the place and it would always detonate. Would detonate anywhere from 9afr to 12.5 afr at wot. Part throttle seems to take to much time to get into more fuel. I can be at like 8 lbs and its still 13.5 afr. I'm confused

turbo addict

Is that injector working properly? Fuel filtwr clogged? fuel pump good? RN9YC champion plugs are 4 steps colder. That's what I run in all my junk. Gap em at 28-30ish since you're running low boost.

turbo addict

The plug that had crap on it was because the head gasket was leaking coolant. I pulled the head off a day ago after it started eating a bunch of coolant. I'll get the different plugs and gonna check timing and everything else again the start with the stock t2 tune and start from there then try an upgraded tune