Thread: T2 radiator/IC in Lbody

Hybrid booster

T2 radiator/IC in Lbody

I have an 87 charger that I'm attempting to put a T2 ic/radiator into. I'm not sure what it's out of. First off the ic/rad combo is too wide to be installed, it hits the alternator touching the terminals and is too close for comfort. Not a huge deal since I still have the front mount so I'm just going to use the radiator and my current front mount. The radiator measures 17'' tall where as the factory radiator only measures 16'' tall. The thing seems super high up and it looks like when I try to close the hood the filler neck would hit the hood (Too much stuff in the way to try and close it now). The radiator is basically bottomed out with the center of the radiator touching the core support while the top is like 1/8th an inch over the top mounts where I can barely even use the factory upper mounts because it's that high. I'm kinda worried that the bottom metal on metal will destroy the radiator with the quickness.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: T2 radiator/IC in Lbody

I think it is about a 2" difference in width between them. I believe Shelby modified the hood to clear the filler neck too. Here is how I did it in my Omni.

http://www.omniglht.com/rad.html

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I think it is about a 2" difference in width between them. I believe Shelby modified the hood to clear the filler neck too. Here is how I did it in my Omni.

http://www.omniglht.com/rad.html
    Ok that looks pretty much identical to how mine is looking height wise. I was a little worried because it seems super high but if it fits it fits.

I didn't even think about just drilling a hole in the intercooler bracker I made flat bar brackets for both. Too little too late now

While it worked really well, there are about 1000 ways to do a TII rad/IC into an L body better than what I did.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    While it worked really well, there are about 1000 ways to do a TII rad/IC into an L body better than what I did.
    I basically did what you did on the bottom but a single piece for each side and one for the top. ~6'' long piece with 2 holes to bolt to the radiator and one hole w/ a bolt through it to put the rubber bushing on. Little time consuming because my measuring skills apparently suck the big one and I had to redrill the holes.

If you don't have a drill press life can be hard. I don't think I have a perfectly circular hole on my win list yet.