Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: removing driver side window.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: removing driver side window.

I think you press the like color portions together. I forget which ones I always use, but apparently, my first inclination is always correct. Sorry I don’t have a more definitive answer.

I looked at the one silver piece and I'm guessing it's a rivet that is squeezed to flatten down and the other is another type of two-piece rivet that presses together and not a three-piece set. I used the two-piece and it stuck together as expected so I just went with that.

If anyone has ANY lead on replacement weatherstripping or a company that can remake these, I'm all ears. My stuff was so brittle that it broke multiple places just removing and reinstalling the window.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Looks like a squeezer rivet gun is what is needed for the silver one, not sure if the same applies to the brass style, but the window is back in and works as intended.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Universal Economy Hand Squeeze with 1" Yoke (3/16") (yardstore.com)

New - Squeeze Sets - Squeezers - Riveting (yardstore.com)

weatherstripping is a lost cause for our cars. there is plenty out there in the universal fitment that can be made to work though.
    1994 Shadow Sedan. 2.2 N/A, A568 400,000 miles. "the science experiment"
    1987 Shelby CSX #418. Long term rebuild and restore ?

Quote Originally Posted by 135sohc View Post
    Universal Economy Hand Squeeze with 1" Yoke (3/16") (yardstore.com)

New - Squeeze Sets - Squeezers - Riveting (yardstore.com)

weatherstripping is a lost cause for our cars. there is plenty out there in the universal fitment that can be made to work though.

Thanks, I found a tool, but these links are great to have! So what other options have you found for replacements or at least do you have any suggestions? I contacted a company called Steel Rubber (I think that was the name) and they sent samples that look ok, but the stock rubber that is infused seems to be a small complication when integrating something new with the old.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Fairchild has the outer belt line stuff. https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...415263&jsn=282

Metro moulded makes a door seal offering for the first generation Grand Cherokee. The door seals on my 4dr Shadow are from a first gen grand cherokee I swapped in years ago. Same cross profile as the original P body so they actually fit and they close like they should.

https://metrommp.com/seals/
    1994 Shadow Sedan. 2.2 N/A, A568 400,000 miles. "the science experiment"
    1987 Shelby CSX #418. Long term rebuild and restore ?

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I use knipex cobra head pliers to install those rivets. They have just enough clearance for the lip to clear

For this I used a pair of channel locks and some flat pieces of metal to not damage the fastener. Next time I would want to have the right tools.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12