Thread: Fault Code 45

Hybrid booster

Fault Code 45

It all started yesterday getting onto the freeway and pulling maybe 15 psi when the engine e sputtered and then quit. Coasted to the side and after a couple of minutes tried starting the engine. It wouldn't idle. Called AAA, and while I was waiting for the tow truck, I checked under the hood for any disconnected lines. The tow truck shows up, driver asks what happened, he looks under the hood (I know he was unfamiliar with the Daytona by the look on his face), he asks for the keys and it started right up and got me home. Text a friend about what happened and he said the air charge sensor is the problem. In the morning I run the scanner and sure enough, it indicated the air charge sensor. Changed it and now I'm on the side of the road, because the engine sputtered, only pulled maybe 5 psi, and died. Checked fault codes and got 12 loss of power and 45. Any ideas?

turbo addict

Re: Fault Code 45

Check the wiring, sounds like something rubbed through the harness and grounded out the sensor.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

turbo addict

Re: Fault Code 45

Code 45 should be the overboost code though
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.