Thread: Masi part numbers / facts Sticky!

Hybrid booster

Masi part numbers / facts Sticky!

I would like to post a pure beneficial part number list and facts for Masi engines. Please don't reply or post on this as I would like to keep it clean and straight forward. If you would like to add something please PM me and I will include it, thank you all.

Head gaskets: Factory .065, Cometic makes them, you can get them any thickness and Turbos Unleashed sells them cheaper than direct.
    Intake manifold gaskets: Cometic will sell direct if you call them
    Stock code: IR460012F
    Description: Dodge Maserati 2.2L Turbo .012" Fiber Intake Gasket
    Cost each: $6.25 each (2 needed per head)
    Exhaust manifold gaskets: Cometic will sell direct if you call them
    Stock code: EX557064AM
    Description: Dodge Maserati 2.2L Turbo .064" AM Exhaust Gasket
    Cost each: $8.01 each (4 needed per head)
    Head Studs: ARP 202-4302 or 202-4702 "undercut" $100-$130, must use factory washers as ARP washers O.D. is too large.
    Factory oil restrictor in head: .065-.093
    Spark plugs: NGK 3932 DCPR7E or NGK DCPR8E the higher the number, the colder the plug.
    Plug wires: magnecore + part number of choice on google to see the pricing is about $125 for the largest 8.5mm red wire set and even less for the smaller ones. part numbers as follows 7mm black 47410, 8mm blue 40410, 8.5mm red 45410
    Cam seals: National oil seal 710308
    Tensioner bearing: SKF Bearing number: 6205 2ZJEM
    Tensioner: Factory early 8v tensioner with spacer washers
    Buckets / shims: two designs early and late one of which has 31mm diameter shims
    Lash Specs:
    intake = 0.011"-0.0095"
    exhaust = 0.015"-0.013"
    Timing belt: GOODYEAR Part # 40120 $17
    Block: CB with no balance shafts and is drilled like a Dakota block due to the knock sensor location
    Oil pan: Masi specific due to the head oil drainback port.
    Transmission tin shield: unique for the Masi due to the Getrag transmission and will not interchange with any of the other tins.
    Cam pullies: unique in that they are .100" thinner so the valve cover can clear them.
    Cam cap torque value: 240 inch lbs.
    Flywheel: specific because the clutch disc it a larger diameter and that is also Masi specific and and has a larger hub to match the larger diameter/splines of the Getrag transmission.
    Turbo oil / water lines: oil and water lines for the turbo are unique banjo water feed is m12x1.25 mm
    Fuel lines: fuel lines that go from the firewall to the engine are different from early to late engines. The later ones go around the valve cover.
    Crank pulley: crank timing belt pulley is Masi unique
    Motor mount: The passenger side engine mount that bolts to the engine is Masi specific, but a normal one can be modded to work by notching it where it doesn't clear the head.
    Air conditioning: The A/C compressor is a GM style unit and uses a Masi specific A/C bracket. The A/C lines are also unique.
    Water pump: The water pump is an early non-CB water pump, even on the CB engines.
    Pistons: Unique 7.5:1 compression, non interference, can be custom ordered forged through JE ect.
    Rods: specific and are made by Casar. They have a narrower journal bearing than the any other TM.
    Crank: Masi specific (and friggin heavy, 52#'s...I weighed it). It is fully counter balanced (more so than any of the other TM cranks) and forged. I think it might be Nitride treated as well)
    Bearings: Only different bearings are the rod, any experienced engine shop can make bearings for them on a lathe. Or if you decide on different rods you can alter the crank for additional width using a factory TD bearing.
    Thermostat o-ring: #136 universal o-ring

Note: any PN starting with "4425" is a Masi specific part.
    Last edited by joelzip; 12-29-2014 at 06:07 PM.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Turbo224's Avatar

Re: Masi part numbers / facts Sticky!

Let's go ahead and make this a sticky.

~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City~
    -92 Daytona R/T (T3/T4 Hybrid, Quaife, etc...)
    -86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Woody (winter beast)
    -01 Audi TT Quattro (daily driver)
    -71 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk tribute

Check out my Homepage

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Great thread that has helped me a lot! Just last week I bought two timing belts for the Masi 16v from CarQuest for about $35. They were actually listed as fitting the Maserati TC by Chrysler and some Alfa Romeo V6.

I have found Dorman part # 675-579 work as replacement exhaust manifold studs. You can find a box of 10 at Summit Racing for about $17. They are exactly like the original studs; maybe 1mm longer which isn't a problem. For nuts, I'm using 8mm x 1.25 "jet nuts" from Pegasus Racing, or you can get the copper lock nuts (very similar to stock except 12mm wrench hex rather than 13mm so they are a little more compact) from ATP Turbo.

Studs: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/RNB-675-579
    jet nuts: https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...p?Product=MJET (these work for all 2.2/2.5 for exhaust manifold nuts)
    copper lock nuts: http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...egory_Code=FST

I'll post more as I find stuff that works for me. I'm still waiting to get new banjo bolts for the stock IHI turbo oil/coolant and cylinder head oil drain. They are 12mm x 1.25 and were hard to find.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    ...I'll post more as I find stuff that works for me. I'm still waiting to get new banjo bolts for the stock IHI turbo oil/coolant and cylinder head oil drain. They are 12mm x 1.25 and were hard to find.
    Jeremy,
    Years ago I found the underhood Toyota 3.0 fuel filter banjo bolts will work. Same size and pitch thread, but ID is a bit smaller. I drilled mine out to match OEM size.
    Todd

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Thanks Todd. You've been a huge help in this project! I've ordered some Earl's 12mm x 1.25 banjo bolts from Summit but we will see if they actually work!