Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: '85 Shelby Charger (Never Ending Project)

Hybrid booster

Re: '85 Shelby Charger (Never Ending Project)

Shift rods ready to go on. Painted them black before I put them on.

Hybrid booster

Got it all back together and back on the road. I'll take it to work tomorrow and get it aligned.

Hybrid booster

Got the O2 sensor moved further down the exhaust, hopefully tomorrow I can get the wideband installed. Ordered new MP Performance +20 injectors for it, and this is what I received.

Is that a mirror? Was this from someone on the board and if so, was this a mistake?
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Hybrid booster

Yes, it's a mirror, it was from a dodge dealer, yes they sent the wrong part by mistake some how. I called them today and they're suppose to have the injectors here Saturday and the ostrich unit should be here the 4th.

Hybrid booster

I'm pretty sure that the injectors in it are eithet bad or not the +20 injectors that I was told was in the car. I got the wideband controller installed today, idols between 10.2 and 12.5 afr. As soon as you touch the throttle to take off it goes so lean the numbers all go to dashes. Next step is to put the new +20 injectors in it when they get here. They are supposed to be here Saturday. I'll get them put in next Wednesday when I'm off work.

Hybrid booster

Got the new +20 injectores in. No more stumble and runs so smooth. What should the AFR run? At idle it reads 10.0 and running down the road at steady speed about 10.2, even when under hard acceleration it only goes to about 11.5.

Hybrid booster

Oops! Cylinder #3

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 82 Rampage View Post
    Got the new +20 injectores in. No more stumble and runs so smooth. What should the AFR run? At idle it reads 10.0 and running down the road at steady speed about 10.2, even when under hard acceleration it only goes to about 11.5.
    Sounds like the injectors are too large for the cal, probably needs stock injectors. Or a cal to match. 11.5 is fine WOT, idle & cruise should be in the 14's.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Hybrid booster

Got the new pistons in and back together, got it fired up, just need to add coolant and set the timing and base idle.

Sounds good Joe! Glad that got fixed, even if you had to replace a piston or two, or four. You replaced all of them, correct?
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Hybrid booster

Yes replaced all 4.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 82 Rampage View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the injectors in it are eithet bad or not the +20 injectors that I was told was in the car. I got the wideband controller installed today, idols between 10.2 and 12.5 afr. As soon as you touch the throttle to take off it goes so lean the numbers all go to dashes. Next step is to put the new +20 injectors in it when they get here. They are supposed to be here Saturday. I'll get them put in next Wednesday when I'm off work.
    Vacuum to 4 psi bounce around 14.7
    4-7 psi, bounce around 12-13
    7psi + solid 11.5 or lower

What you had was horrible. You need smaller injectors than anything else.

Do not drive the car until you have a calibration made for your injectors, otherwise the engine will be damaged.

Hybrid booster

Got it all back together with the correct calibration in the lm, runs great. It's never run this good since we bought it.

Hybrid booster

Working on putting a socket in the top chip location on the GLHS LM I picked up, so I can use the Ostrich unit in the car.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

boostaholic

Ex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hybrid booster

Still can't get the LM with the Ostrich to work on it. Found another issue while trying to get it to work, put the chipped LM that runs slightly richback in, but it was running lean. Troubleshooting found the map sensor bad, replaced and it ran good for about 4 miles then started running lean again and wouldn't idle down like a vacuum leak. Replaced again, did the same thing, ran fine for about 4 miles and started running lean again and idle air control motor wouldn't control the idle speed. Checked codes & it had code 14 map sensor failure. I know they are not mopar parts, but the one that was on it was from the same source & it lasted almost 2 years. Where can I get a good quality 2 bar map sensor? Any advice on what could be causing them to go bad so fast?

If you have a car that uses that same MAP sensor, try swapping it to that car. If you're going through them, actually going bad, then you're probably sending too much voltage to the unit or you're getting gas in the vacuum line. There's no reason they should go bad unless the pneumatic part fails or if they get too much voltage. I cannot remember ever having one go bad on any car I've owned.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Bad baro solenoid?
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Hybrid booster

The 1st replacement, yes it caused a vacuum leak, 2nd replacement indicates code 14 cleared codes and tried it a second time. I don't have another 2 bar. Waiting for one to come. Maybe 3rd times a charm.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast