Hybrid booster

Re: 1989 Sunlight Yellow Shadow ES Auto

New KYB's front and back:

turbo addict

Sweetens the deal!

Hybrid booster

Yes sir'ee. I have a set of CSX springs I plan on installing later on as well.

Hybrid booster

End of the year price drop, $2800. In the garage all warm. New battery, new alternator, new lift supports for the rear hatch. I drove it maybe twice this year around town and up on I-5.

turbo addict

WOW, if only the future ex didn't kick me out of the house, and if I didn't have 3 cars already, and if you were'nt so far away, and if I had an extra bit of cash!
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Hybrid booster

Needing to replace one of our two DD's, this is incredibly tempting never thought it would still be available. I may be inquiring soon.
    1991 Chrysler Lebaron GTC convertible - a568 - 15psi FWD Stage 3, FMIC, TII Garrett turbo, two of the big ones

Hybrid booster

dwh4784, noted. I added new red trim inlay tape from positive impressions to the front and rear bumper guards in middle of this year as well, originals were old, peeling, and cracking away. Bringing this ES back to looking stock as the way it did when it left the factory was always my main focus. I do have confirmed travel plans for the holidays, but not too far away, so PM me if you have any questions.

turbo addict

I can't believe this vehicle never sold. A lot of car for the money! Probably only a handful of yellow ones left and how many are for sale and in this good of condition?
    Good car, great owner, maintained well, a no brainer... Someone needs to buy this.
    GLWS,
    Todd

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

I know, and an even more amazing price given the condition and care its had over the years.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Hybrid booster

Thanks Todd. Thanks Wayne.

Hybrid booster

New Years Bump. TTT. New K&N air filter and new rear hatch struts. Installing a new T/U billet thermostat housing after flushing the coolant system.

Hybrid booster

Sunlight is still available. TTT

Hybrid booster

Lowering the asking price to $2,500. Will entertain reasonable offers near the asking price. Washed the dust off the Shadow yesterday.

Hybrid booster

PRICE DROP: $2,300. Rainy day Seattle bump. Recent Mobil 1 oil and filter plus new Autolite AP65's.

turbo addict

Gee, everytime I get a little money saved up to get the body work done on the Matchbox, or buy a nicer car...I get a divorce!
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Hybrid booster

Installed my Black Crinkle finish yellow painted TURBO letter accent valve cover w/new 1-piece gasket. Installed a NOS A/C suction line. New Autolite AP65 plugs.

Last edited by MeandMyShadow; 07-15-2016 at 06:38 PM.

Hybrid booster

Seattle Endless Summer price drop: $2100

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

I do not understand why this great little shadow has not sold.
    Would go nicely next to my Dandelion yellow CJ5, IF i had the garage of my dreams...
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

turbo addict

Yup,
    I just don't understand this either. When I owned mine and when it was at shows, it always drew one of two responses, either people thought it was the ultimate P-body color, or they thought it was the worst color EVER! I was talking to a guy at huge Mopar only show that LOVED the color. He was a Chrysler TC owner. Couldn't stop talking about it. While talking to this guy, another guy staring at vehicle was quite vocal about it being a really hideous color... I thought the two guys were gone start throwing punches at each other (lol).
    I'd be willing to bet if this was a 5 spd. car it would have been gone 2 years ago. I'm half tempted to buy it and flip a 523 into it. When I changed my yellow ES to 5 spd, it was like a completely different vehicle. Power was up, mileage was like 5-6 MPG improved on freeway, and it was a heck of a lot more fun to drive. EZ to swap too. Did you ever install the CSX springs Bill? On second thought, maybe that wouldn't work so well with the GR2 front springs? When I owned my 89 ES Shadow and my 88 CSX-T, I always loved the firmer more supportive seats from the 89 ES car, but I preferred the firmer suspension (springs and struts) of the 88 CSX-T
    Bump for a steal of a deal! Good luck Bill, It certainly is priced right, and you've done a excellent job maintaining/preserving it.
    Todd

Hybrid booster

Todd, thank you for your short Sunlight Yellow story of the color being LOVED or hideous. Trust me, when I drive around I see drivers and passengers staring at the car. If I could listen in to the conversation in their car, I bet they are saying, "Wow that is a nice car" or"Wow, haven't seen a Shadow in years." Last week, a teenage girl and her girl friends passed by me as I walked from my Shadow to go in to a store and she said, "OMG, I had that Shadow as my first car!" I said to myself,"Cool, Dad knew what to buy." I had an 87 Shadow T1 and a 93 3.0L of which were both 5 spds. Blast to drive! Of course the V6 had a bit more power than the 87 2.2 T1. The 93 ES was Black with a champagne interior. Loved that car. I am sure if the Sunlight was a 5 spd, it would have been sold a while back. True to an easy AT to manual swap. Not many Shadows left on the road now days.
    Todd, I did not install the CSX springs yet, they are still sitting here in the garage. I replaced the PCV 3-way rubber connector on the valve cover last week with a new OE. They get hot, dry out, crack, leak, and become hard plastic. I will continue to maintain the car as I have always done. Summer is almost done even though we will have a nice 7 day or longer hot spell starting this week here in the PNW, so the Sunroof glass will come off.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast