Thread: 1989 Sunlight Yellow Shadow ES Auto

Hybrid booster

1989 Sunlight Yellow Shadow ES Auto

Date: 10th April 2014
    Username: MeandMyShadow
    Full Name: Jennifer Williams
    City, State, Zip: Washington St
    Selling or Wanted Price: $2800 OBO

Description: I have an 1989 Sunlight Yellow Shadow ES turbo for sale, in USA - Washington.
    Mileage: 150,000 miles
    Engine Size: 2.5 T1 Turbo
    Asking price is $2500.00
    For sale is a pretty rare color (only offered Mar/Apr/May of '89). 1989 Sunlight Yellow PJ3 Shadow ES 2.5L T1 Mitsu turbo with the A413 3 speed auto. Has the factory pop-up/removable glass sun roof. Clean WA title and tags until Dec 16. Option Codes: AGN “ES” Discount Package, GWB Sunroof – Glass – Removable, APA Power Assist PKG II, EDT Automatic, PS, PB, A/C, power locks, power mirrors, cruise, Hella fog lights w/Hella covers, rear defrost, quartz interior. Very clean engine compartment; powder coated T1 one-piece intake, powder coated TURBO valve cover, powder coated thermostat housing, Magnecor 8mm wires, MSD Blaster 2 coil. The Shadow has been garaged since 2010 and was originally sold new at Doug’s Dodge in Kansas City Mo. where it spent most of its life. Paint is the original Sunlight Yellow and has never been repainted. 15x6 Pumpers w/Dodge caps, (2) new Goodyear Viva 2 195/60/15's on the front and (2) B.F. Goodrich Radial T/A's on the back around 5/32" tread, additionally (1) full size 15x6 Pumper rim with a 195/60/15 Goodyear Eagle GT+4 tire mounted in the spare tire compartment. Interior very is nice; 6-way power driver seat w/three position lumbar seat back lever, has the original matching quartz front and back floor mats, sound system installed is an CDE-1245XM Alpine in-dash CD removable face plate with AUX/USB jacks, Infinity Kappa Series 572.1 5x7’s speakers in the rear, Polk Audio db 651 5 1/4" speakers in the front, 2-piece (allows the hood to be opened) MOPAR/Saddleman Inc. front end cover P/N 5249440 w/embroidered SHADOW on the hood cover, and last has a 2000 lb tow capacity, DRAW-TITE tow hitch w/removable ball. The Shadow runs great and can be driven anywhere cross country.
    The 2.5L and engine compartment has been gone through top to bottom and I have listed what has been done. New FelPro 9296 PermaTorque head gasket and New Felpro head bolts (torqued 45-65-65-1/4 turn), rebuilt 782 TS swirl head with New Mopar Performance “I” & “E” keepers, New Mopar Viton oil seals, New timing belt, New Mopar fuel injectors P/N 4504322 from Cindy (FWD), New exhaust/intake gasket, Copper RTV sealed 2.5” swing valve and turbo hot section to exhaust manifold, New valve cover gasket, New Champion RN12YC’s, New Mobil 1 10W30 w/New Mobil 1 MA-102 oil filter, changed at 148,033, New magnetic oil drain plug, New TU blue silicone oil drain back hose, New OE 192 degree thermostat with drill hole mod, New O2 sensor, New coolant temp sensor, New passenger and front OE motor mounts, New power steering pump, New 4-seasons/climate control valve, New RCL 9004 8000K Halogen/HID bulbs, New H3 fog light bulbs, and more. All the maintenance performed above has recent 250 miles of break-in. Took the Shadow ES to a younger crowd local car meet last night and got lots of looks and compliments. Underneath car pictures speak for themselves, whereas the car was sprayed with under coating when new; E-brake looks good and is solid just surface rust, under doors are solid, under body GFX is solid, there is an area that did rust which is located on the left rear sheet metal panel that attaches where the rear side bumper bracket mounts. Not structural. I have pictures of this area to view if requested. IMO, very easy fix to cut out and clean-up, primer coat and apply sealer with yellow re-spray. Body is extremely straight, only a couple of slight bump dings that are not noticeable from far away, only up close.
    Original “TURBO” bulge hood decals, dealer installed red (body line) pin-stripe all the way around. Hood has a slight dent near the Penstar emblem from PO. Not sure what was hit, very minor in my opinion. The lower plastic front grill molding under the right headlight is cracked and pushed in a little. After further inspection, the right side of the grill and the headlight assembly mount got pushed in. The bumper shock mount area underneath on the lower front radiator clip is normal. You can easily remove and install a used “P” body grill and re-paint it yellow.
    The Shadow is located on the West Coast in Washington state. PM or email me for phone number if you have any questions or want more info. New owner could fly in and drive home. PRICE IS: $2800. NOT interested in trades. I have plent of hi-res pictures and I will answer any questions to serious inquiries.

Last edited by MeandMyShadow; 02-02-2016 at 07:12 PM.

turbo addict

Re: 1989 Sunlight Yellow Shadow ES Auto

My twin! Has to be a first having two Sunlight yellow Shadows for sale at the same time. Both in excellent condition. Buy em both for a his and hers thing. GLWS
    Todd

Hybrid booster

Thanks Todd! I was thinking about driving my ES to MPLS to meet you or maybe if you wanted to meet half way, IDK, just thought it would be cool to take pictures of both ES's together at the same time. PM me if your schedule is available in the next week to possibly meet up for a photo op.
    Last edited by MeandMyShadow; 04-10-2014 at 09:58 PM.

Hybrid booster

Back to the top.

turbo addict

Look what showed up at Applebee's. Twins!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bill and todd's Sunlight yellow.JPG 
Views:	331 
Size:	471.9 KB 
ID:	49727  

Hybrid booster

TTT Shadow is now on the West Coast.

Hybrid booster

Price drop to $4000 now, fly in and drive home.

Hybrid booster

New price drop, motivated to sell, $3500 OBO.

Hybrid booster

Well that leaves one OE Sunlight Yellow ES left, now that Todd's is sold. Fresh Mobil 1 oil change today.

Hybrid booster

TTT. Still for sale, can be driven cross country.

turbo addict

Would you trade it for a 77 Chevy Monza with a 350 motor and 350 turbo auto?
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Hybrid booster

Sorry, not interested in trades as stated in the last paragraph in post #1.

turbo addict

Very nice car! I hope it goes to a good home! GLWS!

Hybrid booster

Reaper, thanks for your GLWS prop. I am actually south of Olympia for while visiting, lmk if you want to meet maybe during this weekend if your schedule is open. PM me if your schedule works.

Hybrid booster

TTT. The Shadow ran great driving around in 90+ degree weather today passing a couple stranded cars on the side of the freeway. Fly-n-drive home today.

turbo addict

Dang it! I knew there was somebody else in the area that I was going to try to meet up with. I just couldn't remember. I really apologize.

Hybrid booster

Reaper, no worries. With all the Fourth of July festivities and summer, we get busy. Just pm me if your schedule has any future open dates.

Hybrid booster

Back to the top.

boostaholic

whats your best price, i would have to ship it.... pm me please

Hybrid booster

MILK, sent you a PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast