Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto Cross Times for past SDAC events?

Auto Cross Times for past SDAC events?

Anyone have a link for these times? I can't seem to find them doing searches on the site.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Re: Auto Cross Times for past SDAC events?

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Anyone have a link for these times? I can't seem to find them doing searches on the site.
    Prolly better that way Jon, you're waaaaay at the bottom of the times list

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

turbo addict

I have a picture of last years. I will text it to you

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Prolly better that way Jon, you're waaaaay at the bottom of the times list
    lol I think I remember beating YOUR time.

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    I have a picture of last years. I will text it to you
    Thanks Mike! Definitely need to start a thread to keep up with these. There should be ones for 21, 22 and 23 I'm pretty sure.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

He just wants to cry himself to sleep I think guys. That's okay I got the Konis on the neon now. Let the games begin :thumbup:

Paul
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by 85boostbox View Post
    he just wants to cry himself to sleep i think guys. That's okay i got the konis on the neon now. Let the games begin :thumbup:

Paul
    rofl bring it paul!

turbo addict

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397100894944.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	49567  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Thanks Mike! Definitely need to start a thread to keep up with these. There should be ones for 21, 22 and 23 I'm pretty sure.
    We didn't have an autocross at 21, but JT and I should have the results from 22 and 23 somewhere. I checked my SDAC folder from last year and they aren't in it, but if I find them I'll see what we can do about getting them scanned and uploaded to the SDAC site.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Quote Originally Posted by 85boostbox View Post
    Be afraid. Be very afraid.
    That car looks familiar....OH I remember! It was in my rear view mirror. Hard to make out though, sorta kept getting smaller and smaller...

What year was Haggerstown? There was one for MD that year, maybe it wasn't 21. We were going to go, but had to do a timing belt on the side of the road. OH it was 2010, that was when I got the GLHS, so 20?

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

I just sent JT the SDAC-20 spreadsheet for the autocross times.

If you PM your email addy to me, I will send it to you Jon.

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Quote Originally Posted by sdac guy View Post
    I just sent JT the SDAC-20 spreadsheet for the autocross times.

If you PM your email addy to me, I will send it to you Jon.

Barry
    SWEET!!! Thanks Barry. The times for 20 can be posted in here when JT can get to it. I didn't run in that event, just wanted to see if we could get the times collected together in one place. Cordes and I were discussing the runnings and couldn't remember the times I ran or really others ran. Not sure if the HEADS of the autocross "kings" will fit in these text boxes, but it is only fair that all the details of the events are posted for all to see. This is coming together nicely.

At 20, there were 32 competitors, and they ran 8 runs. The sheet I have lists the times for all runs so that is 256 times. Even if only the fastest run for each person, that is still 32 stats. Kinda big for this thread???

Posting the sheet(s) on the SDAC website and then providing a link here would probably be the best.

Barry
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

I'm not really concerned where they are published but the fact that they aren't. Post them elsewhere and link from here is fine. The main reason I started the thread is that this information is posted nowhere. If it gets posted then my work is done.

It does follow the pattern though. SDAC hasn't been in the habit of publishing all the drag strip data, or a breakdown of the car show voting. The winners are announced at the event and recapped in the newsletter.

To track and publish all the details of any or all the events is quite an undertaking when most of the managements time is taken simply by keeping up with the club work, needs, and demands.

For example, the only reason the data for SDAC-20 is available in spreadsheet form, is because we had to be able to look at the overall picture to help determine Top Gun, so the data was input into a form to make it manageable. I don't recall any of the other events held while I was in charge ever being input to a spreadsheet or database. While on site, we looked at the paper or printouts to determine the winners and then filed the paper when we returned home.

The fact that this may be published this time is out of respect for your request. I don't believe it should be counted on as a precedent set for future event details.

Barry
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

turbo addict

Why wouldn't SDAC want to make this information available online for the enjoyment of your members and prospective members. Is it a time issue? Too much data not enough time to enter it? Or juice not worth the squeeze issue? And not enough interest in drag time data, car show data, top gun results etc...I for one would love to be able to see the data from past events. I can't tell you how many times I look at photos from past events.

I'm not sure I want to see it published for all the world to see that Barry M. kicks my --- year over year in the SDAC autocross...and often in my own car! :-)

Joking aside, numbers are fun to look at but I see how it would be a complete hassle to compile the data, keep a record of it and then host it. With everything else that has to happen to make the event work, it's not worth the effort in my opinion.

turbo addict

Auto Cross Times for past SDAC events?

Auto cross numbers specifically have been compiled by the host and a print out has been available. That would take about a minute to scan. It looks like this.

Who's that Michel Wah guy? He must be fast.

Quote Originally Posted by sdac guy View Post
    It does follow the pattern though. SDAC hasn't been in the habit of publishing all the drag strip data, or a breakdown of the car show voting. The winners are announced at the event and recapped in the newsletter.

To track and publish all the details of any or all the events is quite an undertaking when most of the managements time is taken simply by keeping up with the club work, needs, and demands.

For example, the only reason the data for SDAC-20 is available in spreadsheet form, is because we had to be able to look at the overall picture to help determine Top Gun, so the data was input into a form to make it manageable. I don't recall any of the other events held while I was in charge ever being input to a spreadsheet or database. While on site, we looked at the paper or printouts to determine the winners and then filed the paper when we returned home.

The fact that this may be published this time is out of respect for your request. I don't believe it should be counted on as a precedent set for future event details.

Barry
    Barry I do understand the undertaking, it can be a lot to manage. I will make a pledge now to assist in any way that I can to manage any times for auto-cross and keep it current and posted somewhere, even if that means doing data entry and gathering. I did data entry about 2 weeks ago for a company, close to 700 records and 10 sub records per, so 250 is not much for me.

The times for drag racing are sorta kept up with the times thread that JT started or supports, so it could be as simple as that, just have people submit their times and then one person updates. If JT can add a section to the site where the times are managed, I'm game for working it out to keep that section up to date and organizing it accordingly. Referencing Mike's enthusiasm below, we need to start keeping this because we can. If it means we need to get more involved and take some load off anyone managing this organization, my sleeves are rolled up and I got my boots on.

Why wouldn't SDAC want to make this information available online for the enjoyment of your members and prospective members. Is it a time issue? Too much data not enough time to enter it? Or juice not worth the squeeze issue? And not enough interest in drag time data, car show data, top gun results etc...I for one would love to be able to see the data from past events. I can't tell you how many times I look at photos from past events.
    Agreed Mike. See Barry, when Mike has to hand over his "crown" to me this year, it will be sweet victory not only on the track but in YEARS to come when I can every so often send Mike a link to the page that houses the data showing where he lost to my GLHS, secretly named The Blackbird Project. Each tear he sheds when reviewing this information will be worth every key stroke of data entry to maintain this information.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    I'm not sure I want to see it published for all the world to see that Barry M. kicks my --- year over year in the SDAC autocross...and often in my own car! :-)

Joking aside, numbers are fun to look at but I see how it would be a complete hassle to compile the data, keep a record of it and then host it. With everything else that has to happen to make the event work, it's not worth the effort in my opinion.
    haha Barry is one crazy driver. I speak all the time of beating Mike when I should be chasing to beat Barry.

- - - Updated - - -

Auto cross numbers specifically have been compiled by the host and a print out has been available. That would take about a minute to scan. It looks like this.

Who's that Michel Wah guy? He must be fast.
    Stupid cone! I had Menagon beat had it not been for that pesky thing!

Psh .15 seconds
    1988 Shadow ES 4-door 13.61@98.89 2002 Neon ACR 1989 Shadow ES 4-door 1996 Yamaha FZR 600 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 15.87@85 Stock Pentastar V6 2001 Altima DD

Quote Originally Posted by turboshadow View Post
    Psh .15 seconds
    HAHAHA Lean into him Nathan!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast