Thread: Recentering steering wheel

Hybrid booster

Recentering steering wheel

I took my gtc conv for a alignment. The shop has done a few cars for me. I have tried many shops over the years and this is the first one that has done decent work so far. Most argue with me about the settings I want or only care if it's in the green.

went with 1.5 neg camber each side and factory toe. Problem I have is getting the wheel centered. Had them adjust it a few times cause it was off slightly left, but now it is slightly right. I could tell the owner was getting irritated, so I wasn't interested in an argument. I can tell that even though the tech didn't mind that the owner is really short tempered.

I know that I can adjust the tie rods myself and do it tiny bits at a time till I get it dead on. I'm super anal about the wheel being dead straight, otherwise it drives me nuts when I am driving.

Can anyone tell me which way turning the drivers and passenger side tie rod ends moves the wheels in or out? Will mark them before I start and will measure to make sure I keep same amount of toe.

Hybrid booster

Re: Recentering steering wheel

well figured it out by trial and error. Actually was easy to do. wheel is not dead straight on, and I can concentrate on other stuff while driving.