Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basement find: Huge lot of NOS parts still in packages from the late 80s

turbo addict

Basement find: Huge lot of NOS parts still in packages from the late 80s

Date: 07th April 2014
    Username: 1FastCSX289
    Full Name:Sean
    City, State, Zip:
    Price: too many parts to list. No reasonable offer refused.

Description:Ok, so almost a year ago, I was contacted by an elderly man who found my name in the SDAC newspaper. He said his daughter lived near me and had a ton of old turbo mopar parts in her basement that belonged to him. He asked if I would be interested so I went to check them out. Most all of it was 2.2L, A525 and charger stuff. I own a 2.4L CSX, so not much of it was of use to me but I told him I would post the parts for sale for him. Well, that was almost year ago and since then my life has been in one massive upheaval so they have been sitting in my basement. Im finally getting around to posting. The only parts that really stick out as really sought after are the Formula GP struts and lowering springs for an L-Body. Slasky has layed claim to them but he is a lazy bum and hasnt come over to get them. So, if you want them, shoot me an offer and ill put the pressure on him to see if hes serious. Other than that, there are some 525 differential parts, equal length axle kit, fuel pumps, some carbureted stuff, hurst shifter rods and bushings for 525, small engine parts, NOS bolts, motor mounts, etc, etc. Stuff is BRAND NEW IN BOXES. Some of the boxes are a bit rough as they have been in a basement for years.

As for price, the guy isnt under any delusions that this stuff is worth big bucks. But I dont want to give it away either. Its worth a bit to the right guy.

So ive included pics of the pile in my basement and the list that he handed me with the original part numbers. Some of the stuff listed doesnt appear to be in the pile but most of it is. Im not gonna check applications and research stuff. So no guarantees on fit or application. Research before you offer. I will take additional pics if you are buying something substantial. I dont want this to be a second job for me, so im not going to go crazy haggling and figuring stuff out. Make it easy for me and we can make a deal. Id just like to get this guy some cash and get the stuff out of my basement. Im probably keeping the centerforce clutch as payment for handling this. Email me with questions as my time on TM.com is pretty limited. austrianoakjr@yahoo.com
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	261 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	49523
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1319[1].jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	489.7 KB 
ID:	49515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1320[1].jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	509.7 KB 
ID:	49516Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1321[1].jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	504.8 KB 
ID:	49517Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1314[1].jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	506.8 KB 
ID:	49518Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1315[1].jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	482.5 KB 
ID:	49519Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1316[1].jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	478.8 KB 
ID:	49520Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1317[1].jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	482.1 KB 
ID:	49521Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1318[1].jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	512.8 KB 
ID:	49522

A photo showing the items you have for sale/trade needs to have a piece of paper with your username and date included in the photo.

The above details are not optional. This is to protect buyers... just put yourself in their shoes.
    Last edited by 1FastCSX289; 11-12-2022 at 08:34 PM.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Basement find: Huge lot of NOS parts still in packages from the late 80s

email sent.

turbo addict

Couple more pics. This spindle kit looks interesting. Anyone know what this is?

turbo addict

Lightweight starter.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Email sent.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

all the part numbers starting with P are performance parts from Direct Connection or Chrysler Performance: you'll need a proper book to figure out those.

4377771 clutch cable is for 1984-88 L Bodies

Garrett booster

ok send me a price shipped to 92833

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Can you take a picture of the lightweight starter? I'm just super curious to see what it actually is.

turbo addict

I've had a couple requests to snap a pic of the starter. It's in a sealed box. I'm not sure if that would devalue it of I opened it.

turbo addict

turbo addict

Mr b .... Price on what? And guys seriously, I just want to move this stuff. So make me a fair, reasonable offer that you would give to your grandpa if he was selling the parts and didnt know what they were worth. I'd like everyone to be happy....just trying to get a fair deal for everyone.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

It is a pita but even some group shot pictures would help move things. I can only think of maybe 2-3 people here who could identify most of the inventory just going off your list.

boostaholic

would like part number of that equal axle kit

turbo addict

135sohc. I'm having a hard time keeping up w the emails as it is. If stuff starts to go slow ill get my salesman on.

Going4speed. This is one of the few parts boxes that is beat up pretty bad. The end w the PN is gone. But it's a small spline axle set for the 525. Comes with the jack shaft, carrier bearing and bracket for the block mounting. I think bolts as well but I'm not sure.

turbo addict

Guys, my email is going off like crazy. Lots of inquiries. Only a few purchases so far. I'd like to be the guy who keeps track of who asks first and plays fair but the parts will go to who pays via PayPal first. That's the only way that's fair for me without going nuts. This is a favor for this elderly guy and hopefully to someone who needs these parts.

Garrett booster

What are the part numbers of the axels?

4348 414 1 TUBE, Control Selector, Except Turbo Eng.
    4348 439 1 w/Turbo Eng

above shift tubes you had shown in a post above

from the 1985 part book for L bodies

4348 414 1 TUBE, Control Selector, Except Turbo Eng.
    4348 439 1 w/Turbo Eng

above shift tubes you had shown in a post above

from the 1985 part book for L bodies

some of the parts you show have tags on them but it is impossible to read them

if you can take better pictures/part numbers then we can ID them

turbo addict

I'm not purchasing. I was bored so I grabbed by '89 MP catalog and looked up numbers and giving some description to the stuff I saw in the photos.

Equal length halfshaft kit.
    P4349264- Daytona/Laser Gbody
    P4349676- Charger/Turbo Lbody

A525 girdle support
    P4349444

Perhaps this is the 4.5" bolt pattern conversion kit? P4529329
    "This kit allows conversion of 100mm FWD cars to 4.5" bolt circle for use in RWD conversion race applications. Kit includes knuckles, ball joints seals, bearing and hub assemblies, calipers, rotors, seals, nuts bolts, gaskets and instruction sheet. These factory engineered components should be used with MP's RWD Daytona K-member kit."

The lightweight starter pic in my 1989 MP catalog is a dead ringer for the small Bosch starter that you'd find as OEM in the late 80s before they went to the Nippo gear reduction starter.

P4286585.
    3.87:1 gear set, fits A525 transaxle
    P4452166
    FWD tranaxle plug & cover package. Seals every hole you might have on a transmission while storing it. Axles, speedo, input shaft(automatic) etc.
    P4452019
    A525 Heavy Duty Differential parts
    Side & pinion gears, shaft, pin and washers.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Mitsu booster

Email sent.

I got my parts today. A damper and a speedo gear. They arrived fine.....but....

You need to put TAPE on the ends of the flat rate box. One end was opened and I have no idea how the parts managed to stay in the box. The damper is heavy!!! Always make sure you tape the end flaps. The other end had a hole punched in it from the damper puncturing it. Don't expect the box to stay together with a small bit of tape on the edge of the box!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast