Thread: Daytona door locks not working

Hybrid booster

Daytona door locks not working

I have a '92 Daytona. When I got it the door locks worked fine. Shortly after buying it I was looking under the dash trying to see if I had the wiring for the traveler and notice there was a wiring harness for an aftermarket alarm/keyless entry install, but the "brain" module wasn't connected. Since the brain wasn't connected I figured I could just remove the wiring and all would be good. Removed all the wiring and the car started and ran just fine, but the door locks stopped working. I never had time to screw with them or the resources until recently when I got my FSMs with the wiring diagrams. Well I found that the pink/violet wire on passenger side was not connected because it was one of the wires I cut taking out the alarm wiring. I re-connected the wires, and verified the rest of the wires were all good. They read continuity from the switches to where they are supposed to, but the door locks still do not work. When I first started tearing into the wiring when you hit the lock you could hear the relay for the door locks clicking but the locks weren't working. Pressing unlock did nothing. And also by accident I discovered that if you plug in the power window switch to passenger side the passenger side will unlock, but not lock and you can hear the relay clicking.

Does anyone have the body diagnostics book with the troubleshooting procedures for the power lock system. That's the only book I don't have.

Sorry for the long read, just wanted to get all the info out there for what I have done. I would like to get the power lock switches working again. If anyone has any advice from past experience that would be great as well.
    Last edited by HSKR; 03-20-2014 at 01:34 AM.

Hybrid booster

Re: Daytona door locks not working

So don't know what I did but the door locks are working now. Other than applying 12VDC directly to the wires for the lock motors to verify they worked and probing a few wires on the relay to make sure everything was working properly I didn't change anything with the wiring or anything else, but they now work as advertised with the switches.

turbo addict

your body computer might be to blame, check the plug for corrosion. up here the cars rust out and the bcm gets wet.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Hybrid booster

This is a dry central Cali car. No rust or corrosion on it.