Thread: Noooooo!

Hybrid booster

Re: Noooooo!

Warren made a similar car with the Northstar v8, called the Constar

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Millerman340 View Post
    Warren made a similar car with the Northstar v8, called the Constar
    Nope, it was the Twinstar. I remember seeing an article on it and an advertisement in some magazine for it.

Hybrid booster

no, it was a silver consulier with a Northstar engine

turbo addict

no, it was a silver consulier with a Northstar engine
    Admittedly, that's the first I've heard of that. It must not be very well known, then.

Hybrid booster

it is not well known, the person that told me told me not to mention It. I did not think it was that big of Secret

turbo addict

Wonder where it is now.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Hybrid booster

Warren still has it, it is at one of his houses from what I was told. He also has one of the Raptor 2000's that is a street car.. I'll see my friend at the Daytona show Sunday & I'll ask more about them.

Garrett booster

the constar is a series 2 consuiler with a northstar v8 and is still owned by warren

he still has the raptor 2000. its on the rebuild list.

the consulier project with the funny headlights was something todd worked on out back of the shop in his "spare time." it was never a mosler design, much like the "mt900 raptor gtr ( or whatever he calls it )"

Hybrid booster

Well it look like he does decent work then....

Mitsu booster

Well it look like he does decent work then....

I'll post some pictures, you can all decide for yourselves......

First order of business will be pulling the VQ35 out and fixing the engine/suspension subframe where it was modified to clear the oil pan. I'm thinking a different direction on the drivetrain. To obtain an Illinois specially constructed vehicle title, I will need to show lineage/ownership of all major parts, so the engine needs to be documented. Leaning towards something Audi like 1.9T, V6 or V8, as they are packaged nicely for a mid engined car and well supported in the aftermarket. Even a 1.8T can make a reliable 350HP with a few parts.

The MT900 lights gotta go. Gonna make a body template to carry around to some possible headlight donors to see how well they might integrate into the body lines.... Would love to think that Volvo VNL lights might fit...

Don't know much about these cars yet, so might attract some laughs with this one:

looking for a front glass, front hood, rear hatch. I say this knowing full well I may just have to make them.

Hybrid booster

I guess u bought it then?

boostaholic

I think the curves on VNL lights are too steep. Don't use a 1.8/1.9. How much is an audi 4.2L and which transmissions did those get?

I have a windshield I'd sell but I'm not sure if its the right one.
    MinivanRider

Mitsu booster

Rider,
    I'm thinking you may be right one the VNL lights, looking at a couple options. The MT900 stuff that is in there now is so hacked, and no recess for a lexan cover so its gotta come out.

The nice thing about the Audi stuff for a mid engine is the trans are longitudinal, and can be hacked and swapped to make a 4WD a 2WD, etc. Available in 5 speed, 6 speed. In the states, I'm not sure if the 4.2 ever had a manual behind it. The 2.7 liter twin turbo is an option as well. I've got a complete car with that drivetrain and a 6 speed 4wd, but not sure I wanna scrap the car just for the drivetrain.

Did they have different front glass for different years?

boostaholic

On the web I've seen a manual 4.2 audi swap in a boxster of all things. I'm not sure what transmission it was though.

Just from looking at photographs I know there is a curved corner windshield and a sharp corner windshield. Who knows, maybe more than one type of each. I have a curved corner one.
    MinivanRider

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cacrawfo View Post
    Rider,
    I'm thinking you may be right one the VNL lights, looking at a couple options. The MT900 stuff that is in there now is so hacked, and no recess for a lexan cover so its gotta come out.

The nice thing about the Audi stuff for a mid engine is the trans are longitudinal, and can be hacked and swapped to make a 4WD a 2WD, etc. Available in 5 speed, 6 speed. In the states, I'm not sure if the 4.2 ever had a manual behind it. The 2.7 liter twin turbo is an option as well. I've got a complete car with that drivetrain and a 6 speed 4wd, but not sure I wanna scrap the car just for the drivetrain.

Did they have different front glass for different years?
    Welcome to the site. Shoot me a PM if you would be interested in meeting up. Unless I'm mistaken we're the closest TM members to one another on here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123