Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: L-Body Windshield

L-Body Windshield

I am needing an L-Body windshield. It is going into a Rampage, but all L-Body Windshields should be the same.

Just let me know what you have.

Thanks.

Re: L-Body Windshield

Ah yes...the White Whale. I'm sure there are some out there, hopefully you can find one!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Double checking, the Omni windshield is the same as the Charger/Rampage?

Garrett booster

No, Omni/Horizon 4 door L bodies are not the same as the Rampage. Any 2 door L body will fit (Scamp, Charger, Turismo, 024, from 1981 thru 1987. I just had a new one installed for 200 bucks in my 83 Rampage about 6 months ago. If you need any odds and ends parts to finish the truck, I may have them. Just send me a PM.

Where did you get the new one? I called Safelite and they said they couldn't get a hold of one. I have a few other calls out and hoping that one of them has one.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor ajakeski's Avatar

I have several used L body 2 door windshields.
    Shipping may be cost prohibitive.

Thant is one of the things I was afraid of. Maybe somebody here may know of a good method of shipment.

turbo addict

me and joeduno have one for sale we just had professionally removed from a parts car comes with all the black molding too
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Dodge-C...5982a9&vxp=mtr

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Do a search on car-parts.com. That's how I found mine. Had to drive about 250 miles round trip to get it. But I found a good used one. Only cost me $50. It had been pulled several years ago, and was sitting on a rack in their warehouse.

Garrett booster

I just had my 86 GLH windshield replaced by Safelite out of Lubbock, TX yesterday. There are windshields out there...

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

4-door cars are more common, so it may be easier to find glass for them.

Garrett booster

I get mine thru local glass installers here in Hampton, Va. I do not know if they will ship them to other places. The companies are Glass Masters and Danny's Glass. I also know of one nice one that is in Chesterfield Auto parts, Midlothian, Va. Again, don't know if they will ship.It is in an 87 Charger. There is also a 86 Daytona CS T top car in that yard.

boostaholic

The only supplier that is showing them in stock is Mygrant Glass. They do not install and you will have to find a supplier that buys from them. They are showing them in Miami, Atlanta, and San Diego areas. There are a few chinese ones floating around but you have to call a glass shop who will do some legwork to find them for you. You can call Pilkington Classics directly to see if they will help you. Once again, They are supply side and do not install. If you plan on installing it yourself, PM me and I will tell you exactly what you need. DO NOT reinstall with the factory butyl type adhesive and expect there to be rust under the glass that you will have to fix. I've been doing this over 22 years, Now retired but missing it....

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Be aware that the majority of the Safelite techs had 30 days training before being put on their own and less than 2 years experience. The new Safelite model keeps some experienced trainers and rotate the techs regularly.

turbo addict

Me and joe are willing to take an offer on it from a tm member especially off ebay

boostaholic

No offense but I wouldn't put that windshield in my car unless it was last resort. You can see the tint at the top is badly faded from 30 years of sun and I am sure sandblast to match. They also become brittle as they age. Your asking price is what I would sell a new one installed for. The windshield new, uninstalled is about $75-$90.

I had called Mygrant and they do not have any of the windshields in stock. I have found a few "new" ones, but they are no where near me. This is becoming a real pain in the rear.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

And it's only going to get worse

Luckily found one, but it is salvaged from a car that was destroyed back in 1999. Thanks to a place in Lerado, TX.

boostaholic

Funny, Mygrant is showing 2 in Miami and 6 in San Diego. They do show one in Norcross, GA but when they say one it usually means none. But I am glad you found one. Are you installing it yourself?

No. I am going to get a local company to do it. Don't trust myself enough.

On a side note, what is the number for Mygrant in case I can find a glass company that works with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast