Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much boost is too much boost

turbo addict

Re: How much boost is too much boost

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I saw too many trust EGT's back in the day and every one of them melted their mtrs. From what I gather, it's because by the time the EGT is reading the zone that you Don't want to be in, your already there! Too late...........
    There are a few reasons for this. Most of the time the thermocouple that is used with the EGT gauges (K-type normally) are fully shielded, so their response time is fairly slow. You can get partially shielded or fully exposed thermocouples as well that will react faster, but at the cost of lifespan. Distance from the ports have an effect as well. Most people that I know of were putting them either at the end of the #3 or #4 port in the exhaust manifold, or right at the inlet of the turbine housing. For general monitoring there is nothing wrong with that. If you are doing serious tuning, then it needs to be pretty close to the head flange. Again, I think we all agree, a lot of people don't fully understand what they are looking at with EGT's.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    We really need to start a thread to start a pot to give to Rob for all the hard work he does for us with cals. As cheap as TM guys are, $5 (as a minimum) from everybody who uses Turbonator would add up quick. Another pot for wowzer for MPTune would be good too. I know I'm motivated by money.
    I think this is a great idea, I'm sure everyone using their products have gained at least $20.00 worth of knowledge, and it would be a sign of appreciation to kick in something, even just $5.00!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

turbo addict

I'd do it :thumbup:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123