Thread: 1985 Sante Fe Blue GLH

Garrett booster

1985 Sante Fe Blue GLH

Date: 10th March 2014
    Username: QwikEVO
    Full Name: Rustin Smith
    City, State, Zip: Clovis, NM 88101
    Selling or Wanted Price: $3,000 obo

I just purchased a low-mileage 86 GLH, so the boss (wife) says one of the GLH's has to go. So, with much regret, I have to sell my Sante Fe Blue GLH. I purchased this GLH from Turbo224 back in January of 2013. He did quite a bit of resto work to the interior of the car, so the car has new carpet, repainted door panels and all plastic pieces are repainted. The dash pad is cracked to all hell, but it is covered by a dash cover. I have an extra dash pad included in the sale. The front seats are from a Shadow, and the rear seats are original...but they could use a cleaning or replacement. I have the stock front seats as well. They need a good cleaning or reupholstered too. This car sat for who knows how long in the New Mexico sun, and it just baked the seats. The underside of this car is IMMACULATE. You'd be hard-pressed to find another GLH with 100K+ miles with zero rust on the underside of the car.

In July of 2013, we had a bad hail storm and with the repaint that was done on the car before the previous owner bought it...there was a lot of bondo underneath the paint. The body shops here said they couldn't guarantee that they wouldn't crack paint because of the bondo. So, I started looking around for someone to do a full repaint/bodywork. I found a guy that said he could repaint the car, and I handed him the car to get it done. Well, 3 months later after many times checking in with him, I finally had enough and had the cops accompany me to retrieve the car. I got the car back in the condition you see. I pretty much got ripped off. The hail damage is all gone, but so is half the paint job on the car. I was going to just have a good friend and coworker help me redo the paint job myself this spring, but then I found another GLH that doesn't require a paintjob, and I moved on.

So here are the specs:

1985 Dodge Omni GLH turbo
    106,7xx miles
    Stock T1 engine
    Short ram intake
    Custom PCV valve/catch can setup
    Custom 2.5" exhaust/Magnaflow muffler
    Did a tune-up back in March of 2013 (new plugs/wires/distributor cap/pickup/pcv valve/fuel filter)
    CV halfshafts were replaced back in May 2013
    Alternator was replaced Feb 2014
    Blue LEDs in dash, white LEDs in dome light and map light

I'm sure I'm forgetting other things, but I can answer all questions if there are any.

Here's the pictures:

Last edited by QwikEVO; 03-10-2014 at 01:07 AM.

Re: 1985 Sante Fe Blue GLH

Sorry to hear about many things in the listing, but good luck on the sale! That's a rare one I wouldn't mind owning.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Garrett booster

TO the top.

Garrett booster

Still for sale

Does the AC work?
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Garrett booster

Sorry, forgot to mark this as sold.

yay! Glad to hear it!

Garrett booster

Yeah, I was sad to see it go...but it sounds like it's in the hands of someone that will appreciate it. Fellow Mopar guy.

Garrett booster

Bummer for me! Thanks for the response. Guys I'll just have to keep mine and paint it blue