Thread: Accufab Rail Mount (Bosch style) Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator (AFPR), new

gone crazy Turbo Mopar Contributor J&H Ryan's Avatar

Accufab Rail Mount (Bosch style) Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator (AFPR), new

Date: 08th March 2014
    Username: J&H Ryan
    Full Name:Ryan Gannon
    City, State, Zip:Livonia, MI 48154
    Price: $120 shipped obo

Description: Brand new, decided to use a fender mount. Is $129+shipping from vendor, and I'll ship out fast.

Ryan
    92 GTC, TIII
    00 XJ

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Re: Accufab Rail Mount (Bosch style) Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator (AFPR), new

Do these work on the 2 pc intake fuel rail?
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

gone crazy Turbo Mopar Contributor J&H Ryan's Avatar

Re: Accufab Rail Mount (Bosch style) Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator (AFPR), new

Yes. FWD says something about a brass fitting being needed for $5, but I think that's just for the inlet adapter.
    Ryan
    92 GTC, TIII
    00 XJ

For the inlet you can also simply use a section of 5/16" GM fuel line. The line should have an oring on the end. The oring is the seal, not the threads, or a flare.
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

turbo addict

Wayne,
    They will bolt right on to a 2 piece intake. However, the hex nut on FPR is larger than the o-ring boss so you need to use a couple washers to space it out a bit so hex fitting doesn't tear up opening of o-ring boss. See pic below on what happens when you don't use washers. Also like you said the FPR outlet going back to return line uses that o-ring fitting. It is 14mm X 1.5 pitch. A vendor sells a brass NPT fitting that screws in but is not correct! I would never use this fitting on a fuel line connection, your playin with fire literally! The 89 return fitting is a bolt in (see pic) or if your going with AN fittings then a Earls fitting designed for GM power steering works. Earls #991954. Goes to #6 male which you might need another adapter to bring it down to a #4 if using stock 1/4" return line. See pics below.
    Todd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5534.JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	148.1 KB 
ID:	49273   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2613a.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	175.4 KB 
ID:	49275  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

+1 to what Todd said. Been there and done that. Do not use the 1/4 NPT fitting even though it seems to thread in "OK". 14mm x 1.5 and you will be good. Use a stock '89+ return fitting/tube and it will be correct for stock 1/4" return line. I have also use a fitting from Summit to adapt to -6AN lines on a Spirit R/T before, so the right parts are out there if you go that route.

edit: BTW, I have bought from Ryan before and all was good. Good seller.

Thanks for the info. (And that is a really sweet fresh motor pic!)
    I'm actually using an Accufab on Slug right now, and have a spare one to go on Mini. But the plan changed to use the Lengel plenum and 2 pc lower. I need to get a fuel rail for it and wasn't sure if the regulators were the same.
    I do have the reg on Slug shimmed with washers to preven the hex from denting the oring bore. I also had a spare rail which was already damaged in that manner, and I think I may have just used it.
    I thought I might grab the one for sale to have a spare.
    Thanks for the info about fittings. I may go AN, but haven't messed with any yet. Mini will need some fuel line upgrades for the new rebuild.

Edit: Ryan, if you would consider it sold I'll contact you this evening for payment and shipping info.
    Thanks.
    Wayne H.