Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ideas on a possible AZ meet

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor A.J.'s Avatar

Ideas on a possible AZ meet

I met up with Rich Bryant the other day to drop off my spark plug wires to have him make me some and it got me thinking. I haven't seen him in a while and would like to more often so I came up with an idea. The AZ guys are really bad about getting together for a meet. We don't have the dedication that the CA guys have. So my idea is to have it at my shop in Mesa. I have a couple of lifts we can put cars up on, there is a Little Caesars around the block I can get and supply pizzas, and we can just hang out. I'm also thinking about doing it on a Friday or Saturday night because a lot of people don't have to work the next day. What do you guys think?

Re: Ideas on a possible AZ meet

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    I met up with Rich Bryant the other day to drop off my spark plug wires to have him make me some and it got me thinking. I haven't seen him in a while and would like to more often so I came up with an idea. The AZ guys are really bad about getting together for a meet. We don't have the dedication that the CA guys have. So my idea is to have it at my shop in Mesa. I have a couple of lifts we can put cars up on, there is a Little Caesars around the block I can get and supply pizzas, and we can just hang out. I'm also thinking about doing it on a Friday or Saturday night because a lot of people don't have to work the next day. What do you guys think?
    I'll be there and can chip in on the Pizza/Refreshments. A cruise to the Scottsdale Pavilions would also be nice if we decide on a Saturday.

Why don't we have Regional sections in this forum?

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

I wouldn't mind doing it at/going to the Pavillions but it would have to be on Mopar night. Once we get enough people to agree to come out on a regular basis or set a date then we can start a thread like "SoCal SD/TD/FWD Chrysler Meeting time again..." which I find as a handy reminder.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor DOHCRT's Avatar

I've been trying to get something like this going for over 10 years. Pavillions Mopar night is a set schedule and everyone can just show up, but no one ever did.
    I like your idea AJ, meeting at your shop and hanging out sounds great. In the other Mopar club I was a member of; we had a scheduled project once in a while where club members got together and worked on someones car (ie. headgasket , turbo change, etc).
    Unfortunately, I think during the week may work better as it will temper the length of the meeting for the same reason; people have to work in the morning. Group get togethers can then be scheduled on Fri, Sat for car shows, projects etc.
    Lets give it a run...

Vic in Phoenix
    dohcrt@cox.net

91 Spirit R/T x4
    92 Spirit R/T x2
    89 CSX
    88 CSX-TIII
    84 Rampage TII
    97 Ram (Buzzin Half Dozen)
    69 Dart GT 'Vert

Another reason I suggested Friday or Saturday was because you guys coming from the west valley could avoid the traffic by coming later and can then stay later. I'm game for any night except Sunday. Whatever day we can get the most people to show up. That's why I suggested at my shop (with lifts and tools) and food to entice people.

The one time (and only time) I went to the Pavilions was awesome. The response I got from people with my turbo-van was amazing. Just imagine now with the 2.4 and dyno and time slips. The reason I haven't been to the Pavilions again is that I never know who is going or remember what night to go. If we start an "AZ Meet" thread that I'm subscribed to and people post up a weeks notice of when were to get together (if it's not a regular night) I'm more likely to make it. It's the last minute notifications that keep me from going. Chris has told/reminded me a couple of times about the Pavillions and Cars And Coffee but it's always last minute.

So we are up to Me, Harry, Chris, and Vic. Still waiting to hear from Rich, Dustin, and Troy. Any other TM guys I'm forgetting?

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

I will see what I can do but I should be able to make it. It is just a matter of making time with all of the house projects and work stuff that I have going on.

-Rich

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

So we are up to Me, Harry, Chris, and Vic. Still waiting to hear from Rich, Dustin, and Troy. Any other TM guys I'm forgetting?
    Sounds like a decent group! Wish I could come too instead of shoveling more snow!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
    I will see what I can do but I should be able to make it. It is just a matter of making time with all of the house projects and work stuff that I have going on.

-Rich
    I agree but with enough notice and an agreed on date it should be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Sounds like a decent group! Wish I could come too instead of shoveling more snow!
    Hey we have bad weather too. This was the aftermath from a storm we had yesterday. It was brutal but WE WILL REBUILD!

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Imma be out in Phoenix in early May if you guys are getting together.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Imma be out in Phoenix in early May if you guys are getting together.
    Sure, once you get a date post it up.

Hybrid booster

I havent been on in quite some time. But now that I have a running driving car I am in!

Quote Originally Posted by AzShadow View Post
    I havent been on in quite some time. But now that I have a running driving car I am in!
    I would have called but I don't have your number. I thought I had it. I'll get it from you when we meet up.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Hey we have bad weather too. This was the aftermath from a storm we had yesterday. It was brutal but WE WILL REBUILD!
    Ouch! Good luck with the rebuild!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Sure, once you get a date post it up.
    I'll be flying out Sunday May 4th and home on the 7th. I should have some free time on the evening of Tuesday the 6th if anybody's around. I know weekdays can be a pain.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    I'll be flying out Sunday May 4th and home on the 7th. I should have some free time on the evening of Tuesday the 6th if anybody's around. I know weekdays can be a pain.
    It's written down. Since it's during the week, if nobody can think of anything to do, we can get pizzas and hang out at my shop. Wild Horse Pass is about 20-30 minutes from my shop. If you head this way during rush hour, it could take 45 minutes to an hour.

It's written down. Since it's during the week, if nobody can think of anything to do, we can get pizzas and hang out at my shop. Wild Horse Pass is about 20-30 minutes from my shop. If you head this way during rush hour, it could take 45 minutes to an hour.
    You will be here for the Cinco De Mayo celebration. I am sure there will be something to do in town while you are here.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    You will be here for the Cinco De Mayo celebration. I am sure there will be something to do in town while you are here.

Chris-TU
    If that's the case, I'm wearing an American flag t-shirt and let the festivities begin.

We had a great turn out last night at Westgate in Glendale thanks to Jon Trotter coming to town. So I'd like to keep the momentum going. Vic and I were talking last night about setting up a monthly meet. We both like the idea of it being Mopar Night at the Pavillions every third Saturday of the month. Well we already ran into a snag. Next month (April 19th) Vic is going to be out of town. So we decided on the Friday before at my shop but it turns out I might be racing that Friday at Wild Horse. So I'm going to suggest the de-facto meet night when we can't do Saturday at the Pavillions be the Thursday before the third Saturday of the month at my shop. I didn't suggest the third Thursday of the month because that doesn't always come before the third Saturday of the month. I would like to here opinions and feedback about this from everybody.

turbo addict

http://www.racewildhorse.com/events2.php

April 11 does not appear to have a Friday Night Drag.

I got one "yes" and two "maybe's" for Mopar night at the Pavillions on May 17th. Anyone else gonna/wanna go?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast