Thread: Learning resources

Learning resources

So I'm new to tuning and attempting to teach myself. I read a book on efi tuning and got a pretty good idea of how it all works. It also solidified my understanding of the various sensors monitoring the engine input and output. I picked up a second book and started that last night.
    If you saw my intro post I'm buying a Shadow from a friend. The motor has been completely gone through, and rebuilt to handle a good tune. It has the mopar performance ecu loaded currently. It is setup to have chips swapped for different tunes (EPROMS right?) and comes with the hardware to burn chips and extra chips. Its running stock injectors and cam but comes with two performance cams and a set of larger injectors. I also have a netbook I'm going to wipe and dedicate to tuning and data logging. Basically I have a car ready to toy around with and tune.
    What resrouces can you guys point me to that helped you learn? Books, websites, videos, threads.
    What wisdom can you impart as I try to teach myself? I'm really excited about getting another turbo Dodge Once I get it I will be posting a lot about what I'm doing and the progress.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Learning resources

I would start by reading everything in the EFI tuning section that has anything to do with MpTune and go from there. There really isn't that much to it if you understand how the system works.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Re: Learning resources

I think a good place to start would be thedodgegarage.com. Some of it is outdated, but it is still a treasure trove of useful information.

http://www.thedodgegarage.com/

If you click on the 'Turbo Database' on the left browser frame, look at section 10. which explains Chrysler fuel injection pretty well. I would start there.