Thread: Accufab AFPR help

turbo addict

Accufab AFPR help

Ok I've got this universal AFPR I need to put on my car. I've got an aftermarket fuel rail for my 2 piece intake and I'm not sure which port is which. Also does anyone know what size those fittings are? And ALSO do I put this on the return side or pressure side? Thanks.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Re: Accufab AFPR help

Quote Originally Posted by roachjuice View Post
    Ok I've got this universal AFPR I need to put on my car. I've got an aftermarket fuel rail for my 2 piece intake and I'm not sure which port is which. Also does anyone know what size those fittings are? And ALSO do I put this on the return side or pressure side? Thanks.

The offset port is the inlet and the center port is the return to the tank
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

-4AN straight cut with an o-ring. You won't find them at most hardware stores but judging from the photo you posted you already found them on our site for $6.00 for the pair.

http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/univ...ngs-p-226.html

The regulator is located on the fuel return side. It increases pressure by restricting the flow back to the tank.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

Thanks guys.

turbo addict

Are you SURE that those ports go where you said they go?

turbo addict

Accufab AFPR help

Car tries to run on its own but it's not. I can hear the fuel pump going up and down (when it's running) like fluctuating and the fuel pressure gauge is going all over the place. It only runs if i spray some brake cleaner in the tb. Turn the key on and off 3 times to prime the system and it goes to 80+psi and that screw is all the way out on the fpr. Something's off. Any advise?

Car tries to run on its own but it's not. I can hear the fuel pump going up and down (when it's running) like fluctuating and the fuel pressure gauge is going all over the place. It only runs if i spray some brake cleaner in the tb. Turn the key on and off 3 times to prime the system and it goes to 80+psi and that screw is all the way out on the fpr. Something's off. Any advise?
    Their are three ports. Two on bottom and one in the middle on the side. The port that is shared with the gauge port (middle side) is the one that should be connected to the rail. Blow through the side gauge port and connect the rail return to the one where the air comes out. The other port goes back to the tank. The adjuster is very sensitive once you hit the "sweet spot".

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

So I've got it backwards. Lol. I've got the middle port going to the tank and the offset one to the rail. I'll swap em tomorrow and fire it up. Thanks Chris.

turbo addict

This is with the screw all the way out lol. Oops.

turbo addict

Just so everyone knows the middle port on the bottom connects to the rail. The offset one is to the tank.

turbo addict

Are those fuel fittings really -4AN? (that is 1/4"). Seems REALLY small for fuel inlet. Some of the ones I was recently looking at were -10AN inlet.
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
    Are those fuel fittings really -4AN? (that is 1/4"). Seems REALLY small for fuel inlet. Some of the ones I was recently looking at were -10AN inlet.
    Todd
    Todd,

Keep in mind that those fittings flow "unused" fuel heading back to the tank and not total fuel.

Chris-TU

turbo addict

Exactly. It's on the return side of the system.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    Todd,

Keep in mind that those fittings flow "unused" fuel heading back to the tank and not total fuel.

Chris-TU
    Exactly. It's on the return side of the system.
    Okay thanks guys for the clarification and the reply.
    Todd