Thread: Parts for 600 convertible 2.2 turbo

Mitsu booster

Parts for 600 convertible 2.2 turbo

Parts I am in need of:
    1. A520 or A555 transmission
    2. GLHS stage 2 computer
    3. Front and rear seats in good condition and seat belts would like tan but open to other options
    4. Red Door panels

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Parts for 600 convertible 2.2 turbo

Welcome to the site!

While I no longer have much in the way of 600 parts, I do know that they are out there if you look hard enough. If you look on the site you can see how a couple of people have done their 5 speed conversions. That may be of interest to you. Also, if it were me I would convert to 87 TII electronics. You can use any 87 LM and socket it for a chip. Check out www.boostbutton.com for more info there.

Mitsu booster

Thanks for the info. I will check into that. I'm hoping to get as much as possible done before SDAC

Right on. Where in IN are you? There is a very strong chapter presence pretty much no matter where you are in the state. There are a lot of guys around indy, near Cincy, and of course Chicago.

Mitsu booster

O it's Heather (Wes gf) I just finally decided to make my own account. I've been trying to find some parts for the 600 this past week and he was getting mad that I was using his account. I've decided to make some big changes to the 600 before SDAC. We're going to work hard at getting them all done before SDAC. Wes is putting together a new car this year also. I told him we have to get them both done asap because we are not planning on trailering anything this year. Which could be our biggest mistake of all. At least we won't be to far from home. SDAC wouldn't be SDAC without car problems for us though

I see! Well, that was an easy one then. Best of luck getting everything together in time. I'll keep in mind that you aren't trailering anything this year as that means my plan B for making it to SDAC is out lol. Although this year it looks like we'll be right at the 200mi tow limit for AAA!

Mitsu booster

Sounds like you guys are going to make out ok either way. I do have a question for you though. 520/555 or 523/568? Not considering cost just the transmission in general, the shifting, etc.

If you factor shifting into it IMO the 523/568 is the clear winner. It's a much more civilized shifter. There is actually a ton of parts interchange between the two transmission types anyway so parts wise I think it's a wash. If I owned a 555 or 568 I wouldn't hesitate to run what I already owned though.

Mitsu booster

We don't have either. We have shift cables and a shifter (I think) for a 555. I have found everything for a 523 including the transmission for what seems to be a pretty good deal. I don't have a lot of experience driving a manual, only because we've never had anything I could drive enough to get used to it. Having drove Wes charger and R/T I like the R/T better. I think.