Thread: Need a TI hose part number

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Need a TI hose part number

I need the part # for the factory rubber hose that connects the TI airbox lid to the throttle body 'snorkel' on an original Shelby Charger or Omni GLH Turbo. It has to be from a GLH or SC though, because that hose from other cars are too long and won't fit.

Here's a picture of where the hose goes. As you can see I need one. If I have the correct part number I can verify I'm buying the right thing. The part number is right on the hose, so if anybody out there has a TI SC/GLH and wouldn't mind taking off a clamp to write down the part number, I'd appreciate it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00274.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	290.6 KB 
ID:	48860

Hybrid booster

Re: Need a TI hose part number

If you still want all those TI parts we are finally starting to unthaw. I can get it all pulled out and send that stuff your way. Feel free to cut the snorkel hose, I have no need for it.

I had thought about cutting a hose from a Daytona or Lancer application but not only are they too long, the angle is different too since the airbox sits closer to the cylinder head.

I think I've found about everything I need so far except for a 4387572 dipstick... I'll recheck my inventory and get back to you.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

4306119 from the 86 parts catalog. specifically called out for L body
    http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/m...assCar/86p.PDF

Thanks!!

Hybrid booster

Ill look around at the JY, i know someone who has a stockpile of lbody turbo parts, ill text him and see if he has one.

Quote Originally Posted by turismolover22 View Post
    Ill look around at the JY, i know someone who has a stockpile of lbody turbo parts, ill text him and see if he has one.
    Sounds good, and if you could keep an eye out for that 4387572 oil dipstick that would be great too. It has the black eyelet pull handle...should be fairly common.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 135sohc View Post
    4306119 from the 86 parts catalog. specifically called out for L body
    http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/m...assCar/86p.PDF
    That appears to be correct part # for 85 and 86 but that doesn't necessarily mean that # will be SOP (stamped on part). I have one loose sitting in my attic in garage. I will varify any part #'s marked on it. I'll get back to you today on this. Jeremy can you measure the ID of the bonnet and air cleaner box and report back? Maybe even part # on TB bonnet. Like I told you in PM they changed this at some point increasing the ID of these components. I dealt with this waaaay back when I was trying to get my log manifold GLHT faster. I even went as far as porting, filling, and smoothing ID of bonnet, air cleaner, TB elbow, etc.. I have the larger one on my vehicle currently.
    Todd

Thanks Todd. I went out to the TI engine I built in the shop and used a digital calipers to measure ID and OD. As far as I know, the engine and everything else airbox and 'snorkel' are all stock parts from an '85 Shelby Charger.

"Snorkel" ID: 2.35"
    OD: 2.55"

Airbox ID: 2.45"
    OD: 2.75"

turbo addict

Okay Jeremy did a liitle checking. This is slightly confusing so I hope you follow me. The TB bonnet you have is used on SC/GLH and 87 P-body Part # 4306109. These have a slightly smaller ID than the other TB bonnets. 2-3/8" smaller vs. 2-9/16" larger. The larger TB bonnet that has the same angle as a L & P body is from a H body (lancer) part #4287721. That is the larger one I told you about earlier that I have on my GLHT. The third style TB bonnet that doesn't have the correct angle is found on C,E,G,J,K,T,V bodies. This one is larger, and has the wrong angle, so it is a no-go to fit your GLHT part # 4275355.
    I do not have any small GLHT hoses that I can find at the moment. I do have a small hose that came off the larger TB in the Lancers. That is supposed to be part # 4287720, but it has # 4458012 stamped on part. My point is the part # in parts book does not match the part # stamped on part (at least on H body). So you are looking for 4306119, but it very possible it will not have that # stamped on part.
    I would contact Mike W. and see if he could look at his 20K mile GLHT for you and get the part # stamped on the hose. See pic below. Funny part is the part # is where the clamps would be and Mike's GLHT came without the clamps! Another way to identify correct GLHT/SC hose is notice the reinforcement ribs are filed down in a couple spots on the l-body hose. That is for hood clearance. That is not like that in the other hoses that I am aware of.
    Hope this info helps.
    Todd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	172.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	256.8 KB 
ID:	48862  

Love that underhood appearance Todd. What I wouldn't give to be back in '89 and hopping in that car and taking a rip listening to Yngwie Malmsteen or Dream Theatre on the CD player.

I just bought a transitioning 45' coupler from siliconeintakes.com. It is 2.75" x 2.5". We'll see how well it fits...

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    Love that underhood appearance Todd. What I wouldn't give to be back in '89 and hopping in that car and taking a rip listening to Yngwie Malmsteen or Dream Theatre on the CD player.

I just bought a transitioning 45' coupler from siliconeintakes.com. It is 2.75" x 2.5". We'll see how well it fits...
    That is Mike's 20k something mile red GLHT. This was my 16K mile one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Todd's 16K 86 GLHT engine.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	179.1 KB 
ID:	48880  

I got the silicone hose coupler from siliconeintakes.com today. It is a 45' transition coupler that is 2.75"x2.5" (black of course!). It fits perfect!