Thread: 1st gen srt swap wideband wiring questions.

turbo addict

1st gen srt swap wideband wiring questions.

How's everyone running there widebands. I just bought two innovate mtx-l one for my srt4 swap and one for my turbo shadow. How many people are running the wideband sensor in the upstream location and running the engine and ecu off the narrowband output? This is how I'm thinking about doing it. Any suggestions? Also here is a pin out for the srt 4 o2 sensor I know I need the signal but what other wires will I need to use.

turbo addict

Re: 1st gen srt swap wideband wiring questions.

Also which output will I need to use. I always thought are cars worked off a 0-5v
    Analog Output 1 is programmed to output between 0 V for an AFR of 7.35 (gasoline) and 5.0V for an AFR of 22.39. Analog Output 2 simulates a typical narrow band oxygen sensor. The configuration is 1.1 V for an AFR of 14 and .1 V for an AFR of 15.

turbo addict

Also how long are the sensors lasting?

turbo addict

You have to run it before the cat.

I have mine in the downpipe about 4" from the donut. The sensor on my daily driver is 4-5 years old. Still going strong.

I'm not going to comment on which pinout to use. I tried wiring in an innovate setup to my 04 Jeep libby and could not get it to work right. Like the stock sensors were outputting some wierd voltage that I couldn't match up with the programmable output of the LC-1's

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    You have to run it before the cat.

I have mine in the downpipe about 4" from the donut. The sensor on my daily driver is 4-5 years old. Still going strong.

I'm not going to comment on which pinout to use. I tried wiring in an innovate setup to my 04 Jeep libby and could not get it to work right. Like the stock sensors were outputting some wierd voltage that I couldn't match up with the programmable output of the LC-1's
    What cat haha. I'm hoping to run the engines signal off the narrowband signal but maybe I can'tcan't

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

The narrow band should be 0-1v, though you're right that pretty much all other sensors output 0-5v.

A narrow band actually generates its own voltage, no reference voltage is supplied by the computer.

In theory, the innovate should be able to pull double duty, but it may be easier to just keep both.

Mike

- - - Updated - - -

The narrow band should be 0-1v, though you're right that pretty much all other sensors output 0-5v.

A narrow band actually generates its own voltage, no reference voltage is supplied by the computer.

In theory, the innovate should be able to pull double duty, but it may be easier to just keep both.

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor A.J.'s Avatar

Narrow band O2's output is a 0v-1v range but it functions off of a 5v reference, usually on a splice that powers the TPS, MAP, and other sensors that use 5v power. You're going to have to look at a broader wiring diagram to see if the "signal" (cavity 4) is 5v reference or signal to the PCM or if "return" (cavity 3) is 5v reference or signal to the PCM. The other two wires are for the O2 heater so ignore them. I would like to guess "signal" is output, what the PCM reads, but I don't like to guess, i like to know.

I had my Innovate LC-1 functioning as my narrow band for a little while. In the 5 years I had my Innovate I went through about 5-6 sensors until the unit finally died. I replaced it with an NGK/NTK unit because my friend has had one for 7 years, uses it on his daily driver every day, and is still on the original sensor.

turbo addict

Might just be easier let the stock o2 do its job and just weld another bung on the downpipe

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor A.J.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bgbmxer View Post
    Might just be easier let the stock o2 do its job and just weld another bung on the downpipe
    That's what I do.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Just to be clear, the narrow band O2 generates its own electricity via a semiconductor that has one side exposed to ambient air and the other in the exhaust stream, but doesn't work until it hits operating temp, which is why newer versions of our cars started coming with three or four wires instead of one. Those other wires are for a heating circuit and sometimes a dedicated ground, the power for the heater comes from the same circuit that powers the solenoids (IIRC) .

Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Just to be clear, the narrow band O2 generates its own electricity via a semiconductor that has one side exposed to ambient air and the other in the exhaust stream, but doesn't work until it hits operating temp, which is why newer versions of our cars started coming with three or four wires instead of one. Those other wires are for a heating circuit and sometimes a dedicated ground, the power for the heater comes from the same circuit that powers the solenoids (IIRC) .

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke