Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Connectors

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Re: Connectors

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    That was just the pin connectors? Looks like one of them you need to order 15000.

Is the entire 60way plug available?
    Just the terminals.

The plug is not available (there is no part number to search on its all internally controlled) AFAIK unless you get one of the repair kits that chrysler used to sell and those have been discontinued for awhile but you can find them on ebay sometimes.
    1994 Shadow Sedan. 2.2 N/A, A568 400,000 miles. "the science experiment"
    1987 Shelby CSX #418. Long term rebuild and restore ?

As a vendor for these niche market vehicles the greatest challenge we have is finding a manufacture willing to tool up for a small production run. To make it worth their time they will raise the price of the item. The customers will then complain that the same part for a Honda is cheaper and that we are charging too much. We either take the risk of manufacturing ourselves, consider a group buy in or pass on making the product.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Hybrid booster

It may not be available separately, but this may be good news. It looks like the 60 way connectors or variants of it are used on early 00' era DT466 ECM's.
    I'm unsure how it's keyed, though. See link in image:
    https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/PkYAA...B~/s-l1600.jpg
    I'll look to see if something is available. The issue is Navistar does not always offer shells for connectors.
    Last edited by krut; 10-09-2018 at 09:23 PM.

Hybrid booster

That was just the pin connectors? Looks like one of them you need to order 15000.

Is the entire 60way plug available?
    In relation to the post above, I purchased the back half of the International shell. It is a 60 way connector, but the alignment pins are in a different location. It looks like the red locks are the same. All you have to do is snip off the keyways and file them flat so the connector can fit both ways.
    The connector would be expensive to build, though.

Quote Originally Posted by krut View Post
    In relation to the post above, I purchased the back half of the International shell. It is a 60 way connector, but the alignment pins are in a different location. It looks like the red locks are the same. All you have to do is snip off the keyways and file them flat so the connector can fit both ways.
    The connector would be expensive to build, though.
    Thank you for the follow up. What kind of pricing just for nosiness ?

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 135sohc View Post
    Thank you for the follow up. What kind of pricing just for nosiness ?
    I will look and see how much locks + connector would run at your typical dealer.
    I have to see if the back cover is available as well. I ordered the main shell for giggles just as a test since it looked so similar; I did not want to buy all the parts if it turned out to be incorrect. The grey connector may be correct if someone else is adventurous enough to try it out. I'll have to see if I can come up with a number.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

my thoughts are that the connector doesnt get buggered up as much as the pins do.....

can you source individual pins?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    my thoughts are that the connector doesnt get buggered up as much as the pins do.....

can you source individual pins?

Brian
    Sterling / FL part number is 23-13211-400, I believe based off my old research some years back.
    The locks are still available, and you can get the pins through International as well.
    I forgot to bring the pricing and minimum information home. IH does offer the pins depending on the 18, or 16 gauge wires!
    List on them were something like $3/ea and $2/ea. Product minimums of 100 on one and I believe 25 on the other.

The red locks are available, but are at a minimum of about 30.

I don't have the complete breakdown that I did.
    *IF* you bought all the parts available from international to build a connector out at their minimums, you'd be looking at about $450 list.

You are right in that the connector rarely fails. I have also seen 60 way connectors on full size vans / etc melt down in spectacular fashion. It's good to know there is *some* new option if the junk yards don't have something you can scavenge off of.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

I've got some buggered up wires on the van at my connector due to lack of attention when putting the back on when troubleshooting a no start years ago.

It has been ok since, as far as I can tell, but always wanted to have the proper parts to repair if I ever needed.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Anyone know where to get the 88 and up style coil connector? It's the coil style that mounts to where thermostat goes. Right now just need the plug since the retaining clip broke.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Anyone know where to get the 88 and up style coil connector? It's the coil style that mounts to where thermostat goes. Right now just need the plug since the retaining clip broke.
    That would be 91 and up then. You mean this coil?
    I found it only with this overpriced accel adapter.
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

That would be 91 and up then. You mean this coil?
    I found it only with this overpriced accel adapter.
    Yes that one. Is that a factory connector? Why the adapter?
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Jon, he couldn't find the properly keyed male connector for the coil anywhere else.
    I think there are some other possibilities that you might be able to use if you just modify how they are keyed. I believe the speed distance sensor plug is the same physical size and maybe the oil pressure sender of some later years.
    At least it is an easy spot to zip tie in the meantime.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Zip tie around the connector and over the coil. Fixed.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Accel makes one coil with the older style connection. On the 1998 model year the plug on the coil changed and that adapter lets a 1998+ vehicle use the same coil as 91-97 without cutting anything.

What they said.
    I just didn't want to file fit the connector and make the proper keyslot.
    Wayne H.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan H View Post
    Jon, he couldn't find the properly keyed male connector for the coil anywhere else.
    I think there are some other possibilities that you might be able to use if you just modify how they are keyed. I believe the speed distance sensor plug is the same physical size and maybe the oil pressure sender of some later years.
    Well I'm just wondering where the people making the adapter are getting the older style connector. :-| I need one, one plug only. This now makes me want to find the source for these kits so I can get what I need.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

I've gotten them off junkyard Dakotas and such, but yeah, my clip is broken now too.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan H View Post
    It looks very similar to some later rad fan connectors too. It really would be nice to have this one figured out, as I would like to do this conversion.

Found two, but the price?! Sent an email assuming that this is for 50 or so.

https://connectorexperts.com/i-26423...tegory:1261628

https://connectorexperts.com/i-26423...tegory:1261628

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast