Thread: a/c condenser

Mitsu booster

a/c condenser

I'm looking for an a/c condenser for a '85 charger. Rock auto site says it's a 3340. The ones I've seen on eBay say it's a 3344 , like this one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/PERFORMANCE-...c07d2c&vxp=mtr . I'm wanting to buy to this 3344 Performance Radiator brand. Which p/n is right ?

turbo addict

Re: a/c condenser

Neither.

New OEM style for a/c condenser for Lbody is no longer available anywhere.

I had AJ put in a new universal a/c condenser with custom lines made for my GLH.

Hybrid booster

The 3344 is the same as NAPA's 1K300027. Its 22x14.25x1. It also has the upper mounts on the sides. The 7013340 is 20x13x1 and has the upper mounts on the top. This condenser looks very similar to the one in my 85 GLHT if that is any help.

Mitsu booster

Yeah, that's what's confusing. Rock auto sells a 3340 that looks identical to the one I took out , upper mounts on top. The performance raditor brand 3344 also has upper mounts on top. All other 3344's I've seen have the upper mounts on the side. I looked at the performance radiator website and the 3344 picture is the same as the one I saw on eBay, upper mounts on top. It looks like it mounts like the stock one to me.

Hybrid booster

The Sanden Compressors for Chrysler and G.M. all mount from the top. Phords mount from front to back. Give Classic Auto Air in Tampa, Fl. a call for another opinion on whats right for your '85 charger. Just make sure you get the clutch with it as a set.( I've heard they can be shimmed differently) Their # 813-251-2356...My .02 cents, Jer

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor A.J.'s Avatar

I would be wary of the pictures that are displayed. The are usually for reference only and I bet somewhere in fine print it says as much. Tryingbe and I tried but had no luck in finding a direct fit condenser and I have a lot of AC suppliers here in Arizona. One was close but it was only close so I retrofitted a parallel flow condenser that cools way better than any tube and fin one you're looking at.

Mitsu booster

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'm gonna call a couple places and ask them personally about it rather than just ordering something like that ( likely ns1) off of a picture. I haven't asked about a used one on here yet. I figured there must be some good ones considering that a lot of people remove the a\c.