Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Tuning help for a TIII using MPTune

boostaholic

Re: Tuning help for a TIII using MPTune

I rev mine to 7500 regularly and I have not had an issue, Rev limiter is set to 7500.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

edit: nevermind found the stock T3 cal I was looking for. Also just found I think the problem with the pre-scaled 3bar vrs the stock cal. the fuelbattoffset chart is lowered on the 3bar vrs the stock there for i think causing the wierd lean issues in that pre-scaled tune?
    Last edited by Turbo Joe; 11-05-2015 at 09:41 PM.
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

also, one other question.. when setting the fuelbatteryoffset, i tried converting sec into usec and the numbers are off the charts.. the scale only goes up to 4096 but i have lat numbers way higher?
    I think this explain alot if what i'm thinking is right. what is scaled in the untouched version is way to low for what my injectors lat is actually at..or unless the chart is giving me usec numbers NOT sec numbers then it would make alot more sense?
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

boostaholic

What are your latency numbers? What injectors are you using?

delphi/rochester 72lb injectors
    @10v 1.22, @11v 1.03, @12v .87, @13v .74, @14v .63, @15v .54 is my lat scale, but in a stock T3 cal it's not far off BUT in a pre-scaled T3 +40's cal fuelbattoffset is way off. at first i thought the 1.22 was in sec but then realized its usec time cause it wouldn't make sense if it was..lol
    Turbo Joe

boostaholic

It's a new year, so I thought I would ask this and see if we can get this fixed before car season.

Any update on getting the staging limiter and dual boost controller working, I think these issues are only coming up on the Turbonator TIII cal's now?

staging limiter works* kinda. the problem is that the limiter works the same as the normal rev limiter.. fuel cut limiter NOT a spark limiter. so when you stuff it to the floor your fueling your engine so when you try to limit hte revs with fuel cut, it doesn't matter cause there is to much fuel there anyway. I proved that by gently pressing the pedal while holding the stage limiter and it functions properly, but when i floor it to try and build massive boost, the afr gets to rich for the limiter to work. So until the rev limiter gets changed to a spark cut type of system, it will never work right. As far as boost goes i could never get the stock system to work properly so i went aftermarket control for boost.
    Turbo Joe

boostaholic

What was your issue with the stock boost control? I got it dialed in very well last year. My 93 tune holds 24 PSI very well.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    What was your issue with the stock boost control? I got it dialed in very well last year. My 93 tune holds 24 PSI very well.
    I had VERY poor boost control. I did some research about it and found that with large external wastegates, the stock solenoids don't flow enough air to operate them properly. hense why when I would try to set my boost to 14psi i would get 22psi spikes and blow the tires off it.
    Turbo Joe

boostaholic

Car is back on the road, installed my 120LB/HR injectors and on 93 premium I can get it to idle nicely at 1050RPM's, so I think I must just have too much fuel when tuned for E85 and I will try rescaling my injectors for 25% more and see how the car responds, I had to pull a lot of fuel out to make the car happy with the 30% adjustment so hoping this helps. It is nice to know the car can run fine on the big injectors with premium, I can switch fuel choices much easier now.

boostaholic

Finally think I got a handle on the E85 tuning on the R/T, and the car is idling around 1150. What table controls the fueling at idle once the motor is warmed up? I can still not get it to come down to the target idle speed of 900 RPM. I am looking at the injector scaling tables, but I can not seem to find which one controls this function? More detailed update to come soon, making a lot of progress finally!

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Look for spark scatter fuel. Most of the fueling changes to control idle speed happen by spark scatter and fuel adjustments. Other than that, the 'base' fuel is calculated form the 3D tables just like any other fuel.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

Progress Update:
    After a few messages back and forth with Shelgame, I think I finally got a handle on the boost control, the below log was using the electronic boost control, seeing that the waste gate duty cycle is 77% at 34 PSI, I should be able to run the stock TIII solenoid to my goal (38PSI). The car pulled like a freight train and lost traction in the top of third. This is my first solid pull at 30+ PSI, looks like the E85 can not handle 22 degrees advanced at 34PSI at 6k RPM, LOL. I couldn't watch all the gauges so I will need to do a few more pulls to see where my AFR's are at, but I think I am still rich. I added 2 degrees of timing to most of the cruising map and the car is responding well to this. E85 is a wonderful fuel, curious how far I can go with this on my car.

Really satisfying to break loose in the top of third and leave two thick black marks at 80+ MPH. If anyone wants to see my log, I will make it available.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_x...ew?usp=sharing

Still gotta dial the idle in, currently idling at 1100, but its getting closer!

Last edited by DoubleD; 06-22-2016 at 10:46 AM.

boostaholic

Just for reference, I used a scaling factor of 20% for E85, so on premium I was scaled for 110 LB HR injectors and I re scaled it to 88 LB HR for E85 to start my tune, fuel pressure is set at 45 PSI base.

boostaholic

Rob, I could really use that dual stage boost control now 33PSI on E85 is blowing the tires off, is there anything that needs to be done with the WGDC tables to allow the hi and low boost to function, do I need to set the two separately? Finally have a real understanding of the tables and I can accurately set my boost limits now with my set-up.

I would also like to play with the staging limiter, what can I do for you to try and test it out, I have yet to make that function.

The problem is the SBEC cals (TII and TI/TIV) are not reading the switch states right. So, there's no way to switch between the boost levels, or turn the staging limiter off. I'm going to do some cal work on my next overseas trip (good thing to do in the hotel room at night).
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Garrett booster

I actually had the launch control working with the cruise control switch I forget what exactly i had to do, but ill look into it more I should still have the cal saved somewhere on my computer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upAMVw2BPio

I know it used to work. But, something I changed broke the switch reference. I don't know what it was. If you have a working cal, can you send me the files? I can cross reference and see what's different...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

Time to resurrect this thread! Finally going to be getting my car back on the street again. Has anyone gotten the turbonator dual stage boost controller to work? I have the electronic boost control working flawlessly up to 38 PSI so far,but I would also like to know if people have gotten the launch control to work as well. This is SBECII specific issues I believe. There are upgrades to my fuel system coming in the near future. I want to see how far I can push E85 on my car.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

I haven't done a SBEC II yet. I just finished a 91 RT, but I didn't try the launch control or Hi/Lo boost on it. Just tuned the fuel and spark, still needs work on the boost control but they are running it at 22 psi now i think (adjusted the wga arm).

My computer for my TIII swap in my Lebaron is a 91 also.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast