Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Tuning help for a TIII using MPTune

boostaholic

Re: Tuning help for a TIII using MPTune

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    There are experimental .asm files here - https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...F9nRWl0WEM1Uk0 (files ending in x.zip). Compile with the appropriate file and see if the switchable boost or staging limiter works...
    Finally tried the assembly file in that google drive. Complied my latest tune using that file and nothing changed. No switchable boost or staging limiter.

I can say that turbonator TIII Cala are getting more popular and more cars are using it now. It would be awesome to get these items fixed. I know of a few cars that would really benefit from this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

the only way I was able to get the staging limiter to work was in part throttle only AND I couldn't get to aggressive with it either or it wouldn't work. I had to go into the functions tab somewhere and manually turn it on, I used the cruise control set button for activation.
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

boostaholic

Joe, what year car is the ECU from that you are using the 91 is a different ECU from the 92 and 93.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

yup, I was using a 91 style ecu. I forogot you have the sbec II. Maybe wowzer or someone really good with code can look into what is different code wise between the two and find the problem that way?? good luck
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

The difference is the switch type. In the '92+ it's a resistance switch. I could never get switchable boost to work with that in any SBECII...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

What about the staging limiter? Why is that not working? Any way that you could do some sort of boost by gear. We have vehicle speed sensor, any way that the boost could be controlled by vehicle speed? Thank you Rob for all that you do for these cars!

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    What about the staging limiter? Why is that not working? Any way that you could do some sort of boost by gear. We have vehicle speed sensor, any way that the boost could be controlled by vehicle speed? Thank you Rob for all that you do for these cars!
    Boost vs. speed is already there. It's mainly used for automatics and flat for manuals, but you can add data points and setup a curve...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

Boost vs. speed is already there. It's mainly used for automatics and flat for manuals, but you can add data points and setup a curve...
    I forgot that you can add points to the table, have not tuned for a few years now. Went through last night and set the WGDC% vs PSI table to my car's data, then set up the Boost Target based on speed. Drove into work this morning and it was working, I was logging my data on MPScan, really cool feature I did not realize was there all the time. I just need some seat time now and I should be able to make a solid table. I see no reason for the switchable boost control now since I can control it based on speed.
    Do you know why the staging limiter will not work, I was trying to do that based off of speed, I understand the switch may never work, but shouldn't it still work based off of MPH and activate anytime I am under a programmed speed?

boostaholic

Rob, this is a game changer for me. I can finally control how much boost is in a certain gear. This is working very well! Thank you for your help.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

does this work on the smec cals? i though it was kinda borked on the LM cals.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    does this work on the smec cals? i though it was kinda borked on the LM cals.

Brian
    Should, it's a factory table, it's part of how they protected the trans...
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    Should, it's a factory table, it's part of how they protected the trans...
    ok. ill give it a go. of course if you get a bunch of wheelspin, it wont work but if i did a rear wheel speed sensor like reeves and warren then id think it would work mint.

brian

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

boostaholic

Did a lot of track time the other weekend, can not get the car over 33PSI, Wastegate Duty Cycle is stuck at 78%. I am going to keep trying things till I can get the WGDC higher. Think I am onto something now.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    Did a lot of track time the other weekend, can not get the car over 33PSI, Wastegate Duty Cycle is stuck at 78%. I am going to keep trying things till I can get the WGDC higher. Think I am onto something now.
    assuming you are using turbonator tiii for the 92-93 cars, have you edited:

FullThrottleWastegateDutyCycle C8is100Percent FromMap to have duty cycle values to 33psi+

also there is one table WGIncrementLimitLo that is set to 79% duty cycle from what i can tell that may need to be raised?

the other thing you can do is play with bleeds so that the duty cycle that you have control over is more effective....

Brian

boostaholic

Figured out how to get the WGDC higher, got the default set to 91%, still hitting a max of 33 psi. Discovered this is a mechanical issue. My BOV is opening up at about 30 psi, I did a boost leak test and I can not get the pressure higher than 30 psi, it starts bleeding off. So a new BOV is in my future.

On another note, I still cannot get the car to idle at the target of 900. The car is currently idling at about 1200. I looked at the scans and the car is only running 9 degrees advanced. This seems low, I would think it should be more advanced. I feel that if I advance the timing I will get it to the target idle. Anyone know how to adjust the timing at Idle?

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Have you made sure the idle set screw on the TB isn't holding it open slightly?
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Garrett booster

Tuning help for a TIII using MPTune

I've been following this thread for a while now. I finally have my holset build done, and can start to do some logging and tuning. Just to clarify, not trying to hijack this thread, just looking for some help.

I have a '92 Dayona IROC R/T, running '91 electronics. In regards to the electronics, I modfied the wiring a few years back, everything is good, no codes. The SBEC is modified with Rob's latch adapter and I'm running the Ostrich 2.

To this point, I've taken the stock cal, scaled for for injectors (+40's) and map (3 bar). I've adjusted the densityfactor tables for full and part throttle to 8529(dec) as suggested by Rob. I didn't adjust the fuelbatteryoffset, as it seems in the 3bar +40 tunes are just left the same as stock, is this correct? I coudln't find any injector latency times for the +40's anywhere. Car runs well once it's warmed up, although on cold or warm start it won't idle by itself unless I play with the throttle for a while. I'm thinking this is because it's just too rich upon start. This morning on start the wideband was showing 10 upon start and took about 30 seconds of blipping the throttle and it almost stalling before it was able to idle on it's own.

Also, on decel just after a cold start, runs really rich and almost stalls. Then once it warms up on decel it's decent, although every so often it runs a bit lean after decel, wideband will show about 17.9 and then smooth out after a bit.

Any help is appreciated.

Joel

youll want to open up the s60 cal from turbonator smec and do an overlay so you can set the fuel battery offset.

see how it responds after that.

im guessing youll have to remove fuel at idle.

Brian

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    youll want to open up the s60 cal from turbonator smec and do an overlay so you can set the fuel battery offset.

see how it responds after that.

im guessing youll have to remove fuel at idle.

Brian
    Thanks Brian. I'll give this a try this week.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    Have you made sure the idle set screw on the TB isn't holding it open slightly?
    That was my problem all along, I backed out the idle screw and she idles at 900 rpm now. Didn’t think it was a simple mechanical issue. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast