Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Tuning help for a TIII using MPTune

boostaholic

Re: Tuning help for a TIII using MPTune

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    There are experimental .asm files here - https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...F9nRWl0WEM1Uk0 (files ending in x.zip). Compile with the appropriate file and see if the switchable boost or staging limiter works...
    Finally tried the assembly file in that google drive. Complied my latest tune using that file and nothing changed. No switchable boost or staging limiter.

I can say that turbonator TIII Cala are getting more popular and more cars are using it now. It would be awesome to get these items fixed. I know of a few cars that would really benefit from this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

the only way I was able to get the staging limiter to work was in part throttle only AND I couldn't get to aggressive with it either or it wouldn't work. I had to go into the functions tab somewhere and manually turn it on, I used the cruise control set button for activation.
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

boostaholic

Joe, what year car is the ECU from that you are using the 91 is a different ECU from the 92 and 93.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

yup, I was using a 91 style ecu. I forogot you have the sbec II. Maybe wowzer or someone really good with code can look into what is different code wise between the two and find the problem that way?? good luck
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

The difference is the switch type. In the '92+ it's a resistance switch. I could never get switchable boost to work with that in any SBECII...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

What about the staging limiter? Why is that not working? Any way that you could do some sort of boost by gear. We have vehicle speed sensor, any way that the boost could be controlled by vehicle speed? Thank you Rob for all that you do for these cars!

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    What about the staging limiter? Why is that not working? Any way that you could do some sort of boost by gear. We have vehicle speed sensor, any way that the boost could be controlled by vehicle speed? Thank you Rob for all that you do for these cars!
    Boost vs. speed is already there. It's mainly used for automatics and flat for manuals, but you can add data points and setup a curve...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Boost vs. speed is already there. It's mainly used for automatics and flat for manuals, but you can add data points and setup a curve...
    I forgot that you can add points to the table, have not tuned for a few years now. Went through last night and set the WGDC% vs PSI table to my car's data, then set up the Boost Target based on speed. Drove into work this morning and it was working, I was logging my data on MPScan, really cool feature I did not realize was there all the time. I just need some seat time now and I should be able to make a solid table. I see no reason for the switchable boost control now since I can control it based on speed.
    Do you know why the staging limiter will not work, I was trying to do that based off of speed, I understand the switch may never work, but shouldn't it still work based off of MPH and activate anytime I am under a programmed speed?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910