Thread: FS socal: 1989 Plymouth Voyager LX

boostaholic

FS socal: 1989 Plymouth Voyager LX

Date: 10th February 2014
    Username: Rrider
    Full Name:Eric Rider
    City, State, Zip:

Selling or Wanted Price: found parking so no longer in a rush to sell.
    Last edited by Rrider; 01-21-2015 at 06:20 PM.
    MinivanRider

turbo addict

Re: FS socal: 1989 Plymouth Voyager LX

Pictures?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

You seem like a smart guy Eric, I've met you a couple times. You're not gonna try and sell that Voyager with *THOSE* pics are you?? AC worksZ? show the motor with the compressor bolted up. Interior, other outside shots that aren't at 300 yards.... Oh wait, I get it, this is one of those "No Honey really, I'm trying to sell one of the vans, I have it advertised on TM.com"

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

boostaholic

Right so I guess since there is no interest I can let the missus know and close the ad.

Nah but seriously those three were the only pics on my phone, I'll take a bunch of close up pics tomorrow. Had to unbolt that compressor to get to the pump.. its bolted back on and in the right spot I think. Its reg'd and I have the pinkslip and original owners manual.

Ran fine in the summer time. Has run a little hot in stop and go traffic since I've had it, regardless of the weather. Runs fine unless its stop and go (when I say runs hot, I mean it pops and skips a cylinder here and there and hesitates off of idle). Could definitely use a new rad, its old. Plus, looked like the previous owner put a half dozen eggs down the radiator cap when I got it. He told me he did the HG and that crap was from before he had it done. I don't know if its true or not. What I do know is this thing runs fine every day, has excellent power and the motor does not give me problems.

I put some pics up. Went out to take pics and ended up changing a flat while I was out there. Odometer is about 10k shy of actual mileage. Has 187ish K. Comes with fabric mid bench but no rear bench. Will come with the stock exhaust and four pizzas. Headliner is gone and there is some rust on the rear hatch. Driver seat has holes in the leather. I'll put up some interior shots. Has a couple chips in the windshield too. It can come with bling 17's and a 3" pipe if you like.
    Last edited by Rrider; 04-14-2014 at 06:37 PM.
    MinivanRider

Hybrid booster

Using the stop leak probably contributed to it running warm in summer as you probably have a partially clogged radiator now as well as a clogged heater core.

boostaholic

4/14: Arranged parking spaces for all my toys, so I get to keep the Voyager!!!

7/30: Voyager "icebox" info update in case I try to sell it again. Also because I may forget this. Still daily driving this thing in rush hour traffic, still running fine. Sad to say but rarely ever drive my 5spd minis anymore. Still eats ATF/oil regularly, still think its running a little hot in bumper to bumper. I sometimes get a speed sensor error code. I think twice in the past few months. Heater still barely makes heat, but meh. Maybe one day I'll try to back flush the bars leak out of the core. Doesn't get cold enough here to motivate me to do it.

AC still blows ice cold. Since buying this mini I haven't ever had to add a drop of the freons. PO said the same thing. Threw the old AC belt off after eating the teeth off of it. Put a new belt on probably a month back. Have not needed to add coolant in 2 or 3 months so that is good. Coolant looks cleaner than ever too. Was like curry when I bought it. Changed to hotter ngk 5 plugs last week and it runs better than before. The misfiring I had attributed to the engine running too hot is gone. Starts up more quickly with the 5's too. Still occasionally takes some time to get going on hot starts. Vapor lock maybe. Plugs did not want to come out easily on 1 and 4. Retapped the plug holes and got a bunch of metal shavings but the threads seem to work fine after the retap. Used copper anti seize on the plug threads.

Probably needs brake pads soon, had to add fluid and they squeak. Trans still is a little bangy sometimes but seems to have slowly gotten a little better over the past year. Noticed some oily spots on the lower body panels, don't know what that is about. Didn't hurt the paint so seems like the spots are not brake fluid. Hopefully will still be daily driving it in a few months for another update.

9/05: Radiator sprung a leak in the lower plastic tank. Ordered a new one and parked it. Was still daily driving it up until that leak. Right side tires need replacing. Steering alignment which was perfect a year ago is pretty bad now. Pulls to the right. Will try rotating tires and see if it changes.

9/15 Put new rad in last week. Daily driving it, runs great. Needs tires and an alignment. Need motor mounts, and passenger window regulator. Want to quiet it down with a quieter muffler too. Oil and filter were changed. Still need to top off oil coolant and ATF.

9/30 Had a strange oil pressure issue solved by trashing the fram oil filter, then a few days later started running roughly. I think the head gasket let go. Don't see how it would be related to the oil pressure thing but the close timing of the two events is interesting.

1/21/15 Still parked.
    Last edited by Rrider; 01-21-2015 at 06:24 PM.
    MinivanRider