Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Help me pick some wheels!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Help me pick some wheels!

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    What did you get for a combo?
    The RPF1s in 16x7 with stock pattern and 35mm offset. Tires were Toyo R1Rs in a 225/45r16. It should be a pretty mean combination and not scare me to death in the rain I would think.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

And weight for the combo???
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

I know the 17x8 with 225/35's is roughly 36-38lbs per wheel, so I'm guessing it will be close to 34-36 per?
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

36.xlbs per wheel/tire. The R1Rs are a bit heavy in that size. You could cut that by a few lbs. if you went to a different tire brand or size.

boostaholic

37 is super light. Good choices! Quality and lightness please, hold the bling.

They arrived today with no issues. I'll definitely be doing business with tirerack again. I was very impressed with the service and delivery time. I'm very satisfied with the wheel width compared to the tire width too. While I think 8" would be perfect for this size, I don't think I'm losing out on much after looking at them mounted in person. I will have pictures up and perhaps a video soon.

I weighed both the wheels that were on the car and the new wheels. The 16" pumpers were almost 4lbs heavier than the new combination. The pumpers have Hankook ventus v12 evos on it in a 205/55r16. Considering the Hankook tires are 4lbs each lighter than the Toyos we're talking about an 8lb/wheel difference.

When it comes to fitment I'm pretty sure these will be perfect. That suredness is banking on dynamic camber and the hopes of a spacer giving me some breathing room when I get the BC coilovers installed off of the Daytona. Fingers crossed on that one. As it sits the tires are pushed out to the limit of the fender opening.

Cosmetically I would like to get some center caps and put some sort of CS logo sticker on them. Does any one have a link to some cheap RPF1 center caps for experimentation? IIRC the Enkei center caps are super expensive for what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I weighed both the wheels that were on the car and the new wheels. The 16" pumpers were almost 4lbs heavier than the new combination. The pumpers have Hankook ventus v12 evos on it in a 205/55r16. Considering the Hankook tires are 4lbs each lighter than the Toyos we're talking about an 8lb/wheel difference.

When it comes to fitment I'm pretty sure these will be perfect. That suredness is banking on dynamic camber and the hopes of a spacer giving me some breathing room when I get the BC coilovers installed off of the Daytona. Fingers crossed on that one. As it sits the tires are pushed out to the limit of the fender opening.

Cosmetically I would like to get some center caps and put some sort of CS logo sticker on them. Does any one have a link to some cheap RPF1 center caps for experimentation? IIRC the Enkei center caps are super expensive for what they are.
    Center caps are $25/cap. Someone may have some for sale on a site, but I'd just assuming spending the $100+shipping and not worry about trying to find a set, especially with the new wheels and all. Granted, my wheels are marred up and I've only had them on the car for a year or so. :-\
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Plus the caps add weight! But yeah, they are $25 each and I don't honestly like them. Of course that's subjective LOL

I don't care for them either which is why I'm hoping to find an alternative which was made by a 6 year old chinese kid.

boostaholic

The handling tires, I think that extra couple pounds goes into the sidewalls. That is one of the big reasons they work well for what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rrider View Post
    The handling tires, I think that extra couple pounds goes into the sidewalls. That is one of the big reasons they work well for what they do.
    And I'm 100% fine with that. They'll handle better and also absorb a little extra force when going into a pothole.

Here is a picture of them on the car. I took it out to school today to get the glue off the tires.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...hare_link_copy

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

I think those wheels look good on just about anything, but they look great on your car.

Saw a set on a Cooper S this morning.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Thanks Mike. I just hope that I can keep the fenders off of them in hard turns once the BCs are installed. Note that I have the SRT4 BCs going on there and not the TM style.

The wheels fit just fine with the BC coilovers. It's a great combination and I've had a wonderful time autocrossing with them.

Mitsu booster

Looks like a great combo. I tried to order a set from TireRack and it looks like 16x7 with 35mm offset is no longer available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hybrid booster

Traklite 17X7 5X100 45mm Offset
    Tires 225 45 17

I had the RPF1s on the Lancer last summer and really enjoyed them. Is there anything better out there these days? Can you get RPF1s in a different bolt pattern if you ask? I would love a 15x8" wheel for the CSX in something light. A 245/40r15 is out there with my name all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I had the RPF1s on the Lancer last summer and really enjoyed them. Is there anything better out there these days? Can you get RPF1s in a different bolt pattern if you ask? I would love a 15x8" wheel for the CSX in something light. A 245/40r15 is out there with my name all over it.
    They have different sizes/bolt pattern/color combos on the Enkei site,but they do have limits. For instance, they were not making 5x100 in matte black when I wanted them and only had high offsets whereas I wanted a +35. Had to go 5x4.5 to get what I wanted.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast