Thread: 1985 Dodge Omni GLH

Garrett booster

Thumbs up 1985 Dodge Omni GLH

Car is sold!
    Last edited by Naturaltravesty; 02-26-2014 at 07:01 AM.

Garrett booster

Re: 1985 Dodge Omni GLH

Questions comments any kind of feedback is welcome! Ill try and check this as much as possible.

Garrett booster

I had a similar problem with the fan on my GLH. Turns out I had a break in the wire in the harness near the battery, right around where the intake hose is. Might wanna see if you might have a break in a similar area if you haven't jumpered the fan to the battery to test it out yet.

Garrett booster

Ok great I'll have to take a look at that. I'm sure it's prob something stupid it just stopped out of nowhere

boostaholic

Also the fan relay could have gone bad
    It's on the front of the drivers side shock tower next
    To the fuel pump relay

Garrett booster

Price is obo guys. I'm willing to work with anyone interested. It just snowed again last night so I'll have new pictures up as soon as possible

boostaholic

How is the underside? Can I see pics of the roof damage and underside when you clear the snow?
    I am from eastern Long Island. In fact most of my family is still there. We own a dealership in Patchogue. Also, If you need auto glass let me know. My good buddy owns a shop up there.

Garrett booster

The under side is pretty good no major rust. I will try and take pics of underneath and the roof latest this weekend if I can get over there after work

Hybrid booster

That first pic is actually from two owners ago - me! LOL! I owned this car from 1995 until about 2009 maybe? I have hundreds of pics of it over the years. Bummer on how bad the interior got since I owned it. It was near mint inside when I sold it. It doesn't look like anything else changed since I owned it.

And yes, the car had a sunroof, but that's not what originally caused all the bondo work. Someone jumped on the car and crushed in the roof and they filled the whole thing with bondo. We literally cut through nearly an inch of bondo in some spots when we installed the sunroof...LOL! Installing that sunroof was the worst thing I ever did to that car! The sunroof always leaked and caused the floor to rot from the inside out due to all the moisture always in the carpet. When I fixed the floors, I removed the sunroof and also painted the car (around 2005 maybe?). This car at one time had a nice 89 T2 engine/568 trans setup with 88 SMEC electronics and ran 12.7's all day long with a best time ever of 12.59@108 mph.

Sure do miss it and would love to have it back, but I still have way to many cars, which is the only reason I sold it in the first place...LOL!

Garrett booster

Wow ok this explains a lot. This is the condition I bought the car in a couple of months ago, the guy I bought it from didn't really have too much info about the car and had the car sitting for over a year. Only things I've touched were the items listed to get the car in running order again

Garrett booster

LOL your handle explains a lot of the "travesty" of people that don't take care of vehicles lol

Garrett booster

Here are some pics of the roof and the hatch. i couldnt take any pics of under the car yet because of the snow we got yesterday but i will get them up as soon as possible

Hatch is solid and no signs of rust, also replaced the gas struts on the hatch

Garrett booster

This car obviously has its flaws but all around i believe this is a solid car that runs and drives great. I put up a price that i believe is reasonable and am willing to work on that price with anyone that is interested. Between work and this snow that we keep getting pictures are hard to take but i will post them up as soon as possible and will respond to any questions or comments quickly.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Been tempted by a few l-bodies, trying to stay with a Shadow so I can share hardware with the Reliant though.

Working on clearing the decks.