Thread: future race!

Garrett booster

future race!

Guy at my workplace has newer not brand new mach 1 mustang says it has like 320ish to the wheels. How difficult would it be for a t2 lancer with big front mount stock turbo cold air opened up exhaust ported ex mani stock cal stock injectors to whoop up? What would be estimate times on both and what would be best bang for my buck! In my dreams hopfully soon reality would like to hit maybe 12's. Id say thats really good for a turbo street car. Thanks.

turbo addict

Re: future race!

Car and Driver December 2002 .
    mach 1 0-30 2.0, 0-60 5.2, 0-120 19.5, 1/4 mile 14.0a 103 , top speed 151.

road&track 2004 .
    2003 Mach 1 0-60 5.2, 0-100 12.2, 1/4mile 13.7a 105.7, top speed 151 .

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-1-4-mile.html

http://forums.corral.net/forums/svt-...ile-times.html

A curb weight of about 2900 lbs limited the 5-speed SL to 7.2 second 0-60 times with an 1/4 mile ET of 15.7 seconds at 89mph.

http://www.planetb.net/lancer/History.html

You'll have no chance with a basically stock TII car.

Hybrid booster

I've raced an 03-04 Mach 1 with light mods in my Omni. Mind you that my Omni is extremely modified with ported everything, bigger backcut valves, front mount, big injectors, s50 turbo at 16psi, etc. It dynoed at 278fwhp. During the race it was pretty even, and he had me up through second until we got to third and I flew by him. Not sure about a lancer and its weight, but with just me in my car at the track it weighs right in at 2500. When I ran the mustang, it was me and my wife in the car and a few tools in the back, so I'm not sure what the weight was around.

Garrett booster

Yea im pretty sure he will beat me but should be fun anyway seein by how much.maybe he will break lol.

Hybrid booster

Im pretty much stock with a fuel system and exhaust running 20psi on t2 89 daytona and i run 13.4 so with some more boost and a role you should run with him

Garrett booster

With 20 psi of boost did u need a different cal or how did u do that. Fuel system meaning fuel pump afpr injectors?

Hybrid booster

you'd need a 3 bar map sensor, cal and bigger injectors to run more than 15psi. also should upgrade the fuel pump and run a wideband gauge to monitor your a/f ratio

Garrett booster

Does the amount of boost depend on what stage cal i get? Hell might as well get a stage 5 i think thats like 18-20 lbs.

Hybrid booster

it can,or you can run a g-valve or other manual boost controler to set boost at whatever you want
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/kn...st-Controllers

Garrett booster

If i run a boost controller homade or not, i would still need fuel pump injectors and 3 bar. No afpr?

turbo addict

Boost controller one thing, boost.

You can set the boost controller to 20psi, doesn't mean the rest of the car will be able to handle it.

Garrett booster

Would stock internals handle it and what little i have done to it?

Hybrid booster

you definitely need the cal, injectors and 3 bar map sensor even if you run the manual boost controller.

the stock map sensor only can read up to about 15 psi of boost after that it cant tell the computer to supply additional fuel so the engine will run lean and melt a piston or cause other serious damage, the stock computer cal can only work with the factory 2 bar map, so its best to just pick up the whole package. fuel pump is necessary because the stock one might not be able to keep up and a failed fuel pump will lean out and damage the engine, a wideband gauge would be a really good thing to have so you can make sure your running a safe afr

Garrett booster

So i can pretty much run a stage 5 cal with +40's and 3 bar map with a wideband and a 255? Fuel pump and everything else with stock intrrnals would be fine and handle it ya think. Would stock fpr be ok. Sounds easy enough haha and sounds like a plan.eventually if i get these darn bugs worked outta this car. This thing os drovon me crazy. It would be cool to have like a 12.00 et daily. That should be pretty competitive on a spur of the moment.

Garrett booster

Could i use stock fuel press reg. With all that. Would all these upgrades affect drivability? Ive read in other threads that i could stick with the stock fpr and lines?

Hybrid booster

i think it should be fine reliability shouldn't be an issue really and if you want you can turn the boost down with the mbc, some prople have isues with the +40 injectors failing sometimes might want to look into that

Garrett booster

Good point on the mbc. Yea the +40s r kinda pricey. Is there another injector u reccomend or just get them from fwd perf.?

Hybrid booster

not sure, if you get a custom cal made by shelgame you can pick different injectors and have the cal tailored for your cars setup

Garrett booster

Ah. I didnt really know of any1 else who did cals except a stage 5 from fwd perf.