Thread: Siemens 72lb fuel injectors

boostaholic

Siemens 72lb fuel injectors

Looking at picking up a set of 72's for my build. I'll be running a MpTune based tune with proper injector scaling. My question is what is everyone's experiences with these injectors, do they idle well and have good drivability? Going on a holset powered TIII with all the goodies. What was a good base fuel pressure? These are the same injectors sold by TU and FWD. Deciding if these will meet my goals, I'm running +40's now and they are too small.

turbo addict

Re: Siemens 72lb fuel injectors

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    do they idle well and have good drivability?
    Those have nothing to do with the size of the injectors, your calibration determines that. My GLH is using 83lbs injectors and my CSX is using 108 lbs injectors and they both idle fine and both gets their rated MPG and sometimes more.

3 bar is a good place to start for fuel pressure.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Whether 72pph is enough injector depends on how much HP you are targeting. With a given target HP and if you can share the data you collected that shows that the 52pph are too small, we can try to help!

What data do you have that the 52pph are too small?

As tryingbe said, you can get large injectors to idle fine with a decent cal.

...although the 120pph in my 2.4L with 75mm throttle body and no AIS is definitely cold blooded animal LOL

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

I use AEM 72Lb injectors in my engine, Fuel pressure is set to 40 psi. Runs great at all temps and fuel mileage is great also for what it is.

boostaholic

My question was related to these specific injectors. I know some older design injectors had issues idling and running at low duty cycles. These injectors seem to be good. I will be making my own tune so the driveabilty will be up to me then. I have done all the calculations and my +40's run out of steam at about 330 WHP and at that level my car is just starting to come alive. My HP target is 450 WHP down the road and 400 WHP for this coming season. The 72's calculate out just right for my needs and seem to be a semi-popular size in the Turbo Mopar world. I have the rest of the supporting mods for this amount of fuel. (Hot Wired Walbro 255, AFPR, and Upgraded Fuel Rail) Really my discussion was to see if I can make the Siemens injectors work or should I be looking for injectors for a performance injector company like Injector Dynamics, Fuil Injection Clinic, RC Engineering, or Precision. Sounds like the Siemens will work great for my application