Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking for a convertible..

Hybrid booster

Re: looking for a convertible..

I first want to say thanks to all that replied, I've learned that there is some good cars out there! I searched for a TC and found a guy that posted his up 8 hours earlier. After inspecting the car this morning, I left a deposit. I'll start a project thread for it once it's in my possession. Again, thanks for all the replies!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

^Also it's a true TII motor, all 8V Masi's are...

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jayspartanburg View Post
    I first want to say thanks to all that replied, I've learned that there is some good cars out there! I searched for a TC and found a guy that posted his up 8 hours earlier. After inspecting the car this morning, I left a deposit. I'll start a project thread for it once it's in my possession. Again, thanks for all the replies!
    Uh oh, next you know there are four of em in your sig line Whatever you do in your project thread, don't tell ANYONE how cool they are, everyone will want one What color combo is it? Please, anything but Royal Cabernet/Bordeaux Thats purple/purple to the rest of us Hopefully it was built later than June of '88. If it is you get common block & double pivot suspension as a bonus!

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife

boostaholic

Are you still in Florida, and if so, what part?
    I am in Cape Coral. I go back and forth to SC Columbia area regularly though.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I hate them in that creamy yellow color! Its almost as bad as a powder blue Plymouth Duster!

Hybrid booster

Man there's a white lebaron in naples that looks pretty clean for 2k. That was number 1 on my list but the guy that runs the place is very hard to get in contact with

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Expand your search to TC Maserati's? Lots of auto/T2 cars for cheap that are clean,well kept but have no brakes. Seen it many times. When tha Teves system fails its expesive to replace. Much easier to convert to non ABS from a donor car...
    Credit to you my friend, I'm anxious to get it home. Between the working heat and AC, the dash, and the test drive I couldn't let it pass even if it wasn't exactly what I was looking for! It has less than 3k on s rebuilt trans and head.

Hybrid booster

I would have loved to sell you my Lebaron for $1500, imagine how nice a cross country trip with the top down would be!
    1991 Chrysler Lebaron GTC convertible - a568 - 15psi FWD Stage 3, FMIC, TII Garrett turbo, two of the big ones

Hybrid booster

LoL, I know. EVERY Lebaron offered was a good to great deal. After driving the TC I had to get it + it was only 45 mins from my house

They are so not LeBarons... Color combo, exterior, interior, soft top color? Might want to breeze over to AACA forums and scroll down to TC by Maserati forum and join up. Ive been posting there since 2003 and have lots of tips, write ups kill stories etc

Hybrid booster

Don't remember the color names but it's red with a tan interior. It's has a hard top and a rack to set it on to store. The tan soft top, the seats, center arm rest and brown leather right about the cluster need to be replaced. A few dents, nothing too bad. Little odds and ends. It's not perfect but it's mechanically sound as far as I can tell with the only exceptions being something with the brakes and it needs rear springs.
    Edit: leather reupholstered

Hybrid booster

I'll look into the forum. I'll most likely pull the socketed SMEC or of the Daytona to raise just a little but mostly want to keep it intact for the moment

Hybrid booster

I'll start a thread for it next week. Any other q's about it?

Don't remember the color names but it's red with a tan interior. It's has a hard top and a rack to set it on to store. The tan soft top, the seats, center arm rest and brown leather right about the cluster need to be replaced. A few dents, nothing too bad. Little odds and ends. It's not perfect but it's mechanically sound as far as I can tell with the only exceptions being something with the brakes and it needs rear springs.
    Edit: leather reupholstered
    Nice, my favorite color combo save for the tan soft top, other option was black Hartz fabric and IMO thats a better look with the red exterior. That interior color is called 'Ginger' and that brown that goes over the instrument cluster, well thats just ugly brown Ive replaced that shrunken mess with some extra Ginger material sourced from the seatbacks of Jyard TC's collected over the years

You can just swap strait to a TII Daytona SMEC for a 30HP upgrade, no fancy socketing needed. Flush the brakes real well, the rears are done by ignition on to run the ABS pump, crack the caliper bleeders and have helper depress the pedal. CAREFULL, its pumps fast and will drain resivouir quickly. Fronts are same as any other TM with the up/down pedal from helper and you doing the open/close caliper bleeders. Do rears first. After that if brakes still dont feel right (hard pedal or soft??Two different issues) the high pressure accumulator located on the master likely needs to be changed espescially if its OE. Those things hold up to 3000PSI and the diaphragm only lasts10-15 years.

Rear springs, Shelby/HD Daytona with 5/8ths coil cut are perfect. They have a larger diameter wire and take away the floaty feel.

Looking forward to pics and your build thread, go on Ebay or AACA ang get a factory svc manual. You will be suprised how much is different than a LeBaron, from the "Chryslers TC confidentil service manual for dealership personel":

"Chryslers TC by Maserati is truly a world class automobile. It is a blending of Italian craftsmanship and American engineering... The TC carries a higher price tag than ANY OTHER CAR Chrysler has ever sold..."

Hybrid booster

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to find some ginger material. The pedal was soft and the and light is on. Going to sign up on the forum today. I'm super tired at the moment. I got home showered went to see the car, returned home to change and I'm back at work waiting on a machine to finish running so I can clean it and go home...

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    They are so not LeBarons... Color combo, exterior, interior, soft top color? Might want to breeze over to AACA forums and scroll down to TC by Maserati forum and join up. Ive been posting there since 2003 and have lots of tips, write ups kill stories etc
    I joined over there, but couldn't find you.

I joined over there, but couldn't find you.
    Not as active as I used to be but if you search old posts, I've done as bunch of maintanace/upgrade write ups. TwinCamFan over there

Hybrid booster

LoL I KNEW THAT HAD TO BE YOU!! ok LoL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12