Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for a convertible..

Hybrid booster

looking for a convertible..

Date: 23rd January 2014
    Username: jayspartanburg
    Full Name: Jason S.
    City, State, Zip: Spartanburg SC 29307
    Contact: (your choice of listing e-mail and phone. you must provide phone number via at least PM if potential buyer wants to verify.) Email
    Selling or Wanted Price: (any applicable merchant fees must be included in this and not in addition)
    Approx $1500
    Description: Be very descriptive and accurate of the items to be sold or those wanted.

The above details are not optional. This is to protect buyers... just put yourself in their shoes.

Hi everyone. It's tax time and I'm looking for another car. I already have a 87 Daytona Pacifica. I'm looking for a convertible to be my daily driver. Not really sure if I want a modded car or all original. May be interested in a non running car if the price is right. Must be turbo. Looking to spend a max of 1500, maybe a little more for the right car. Would prefer for the car to be in the south east or east coast unless your willing to meet me. If you're not within reasonable driving range for me to inspect the car please be willing to send pictures and info on the car. Would like to find the right car within the next month or so. Feel free to email me at jayspartanburg@aol.com. I work 3rd so feel free to email at anytime. Once again, if it needs work that may be ok, just let me know what you have. Please no cars with extensive rust (lost my 66 Galaxie to rust and don't want to go thru that again) would also consider buying a parts car if not too far and the price is right. Thanks, Jay

Hybrid booster

Re: looking for a convertible..

Jay,

Are you looking for later model verts (J body LeBaron's), or are you open to earlier verts (K body's)?

CG

Hybrid booster

I'm looking for a J body or maybe a Shadow. Thanks for pointing that out for me.

Hybrid booster

10 black Challenger Speedfactory Mopar 10 1of1,544hp,530tq 08 black Charger R/T w/R&T 98 black (slate)Jeep GC 5.9 ,M1,E-codes,headers,BBK 89 black dodge daytona shelby T2,13.6@105 71 black Cuda 383,1988-2009,sold

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by GLHSHELBY View Post
    Good deal but I really want a lebaron. Thanks tho

Hybrid booster

Pre weekend bump. Thanks to all that have replied! I'll have my refund back in a few days and even tho I'm in no rush, I'd like to purchase within the next week. I have a narrowed down list so far, but would still like to see what's out there.. so I guess this is the "last call" May consider cars that are a little further out then where I was previously searching, if you know your car is a dependable daily driver that could make the trip. Thanks.

boostaholic

Damn shame. I had a super clean Lebaron convertible that I sold a year ago. I would have rathered it go to someone here but it went to a brotha in the hood who pimped it out with 22's and ruined the car. It was silver with graphite leather interior, digital dash, loaded. I almost cried when I saw the car.

Hybrid booster

That really sucks! I've had plenty of people try to buy my Pacifica, but being that is my first Mopar I'd hate to see someone get frustrated and junk it. So I know the feeling. The guy I sold the Galaxie to let his wife drive it. The fact that it had no power steering was too much for her and now the car is gone..

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Expand your search to TC Maserati's? Lots of auto/T2 cars for cheap that are clean,well kept but have no brakes. Seen it many times. When tha Teves system fails its expesive to replace. Much easier to convert to non ABS from a donor car...

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Hybrid booster

Never thought of that, thanks.

boostaholic

Every damn TC I find is a freaking V6. I know of 4 of these in SC all 6's. I however have a picture of a 16v TC that I found once right after Hurricane Charlie. Its crushed with a parking structure on top of it. But yeah he is right. Check out the TC's if you want a very unique rare car.

Hybrid booster

I just found a turbo one and e-mailed the owner. What % of these are 16v?

boostaholic

That is a good question for Alan. He seems knowledgeable with the Masi. I would assume its a very low percentage.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by jayspartanburg View Post
    I just found a turbo one and e-mailed the owner. What % of these are 16v?
    501 made.

Hybrid booster

Talk to owner, it's an 8 valve..

boostaholic

Nothing wrong with that. Go look at it and see what u think.

Hybrid booster

Had a 200 degree hose in my hand when i last posted. He just posted it a few hours ago and had two people lined up to see it. If I had the extra cash I would go tomorrow, but it'll probably be Monday before I could do anything & at the price I highly doubt he'll still have it.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by clocktowersniper View Post
    That is a good question for Alan. He seems knowledgeable with the Masi. I would assume its a very low percentage.
    Are you still in Florida, and if so, what part?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jayspartanburg View Post
    Talk to owner, it's an 8 valve..
    Keep in mind that all the 8 valve turbos are automatic trans and that all 16V turbos are 5 speed. Ive seen a couple 8v cars converted into 5 speed tho. As Harry said, 501 cars are 16v out of 74XX TC's total. All 91 cars are 3l V6 tho later build cars got the OD trans. Dont count out picking up a clean V6 car either, is dropping a turbo motor in really that much work? You prolly have a couple sitting in the garage anyway right? Think about who bought a TC in 89-91, generally it was a third 'toy car' for a guy who had a DD for him and his wife and also had $35K burning a hole in his pocket. That guy was generally 50+ years old and these days he's 80+ and dying off fast. Ive been a member of the TC Maserati club for 10 or so years and at each national convention we have a small remembrance of the members who hav died in the last year. Thats how 2 of my 16V cars have found me. Wife of passed away member remembers me from working on the car at meets(I've done dozens lines, rear bearing repacks,front motor mounts in the parking lots at the meets) contacts me and offers first shot at the car. They are great car IMO, so NOT LeBarons, thicker sheet metal, extra chassis bracing, better paint/interior/coachwork but they do have their issues with brakes, some of the rear wiring (trunk/3rd brakelight) and squishy under sprung suspension. All fixable

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by clocktowersniper View Post
    Nothing wrong with that. Go look at it and see what u think.
    Thanks a lot for the tip, I owe you one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast